Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I idolise that guy(we have the same birthday.......lol)...Please ask him if he would consider coming down here to Singapore for a guitar clinic and a live concert....I am drooling to see him in action......

·
Metal head
822 Posts
Asking what are the three most important things(theory or other) to know when you're a guitar newbie, and what are the three values or characteristics that a good player should have. And what plans for the futures G3 does he have -who's gonna be invited - And ask him about jamming with Vai....whew...let me catch my breath...ok, this one: How does he approaches music compositions, does he have an structure, does he goes with a musical phrase in specific -i think this should be interesting for the forum composers-
and what about organizing a chatting session on this forum...he picks day and time....does it looks like a lot of questions for you???

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Ask him why he put fripp on the uk G3 tour.

·
Registered
886 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Goport said:
Ask him why he put fripp on the uk G3 tour.

[/ QUOTE ]

I met him on tour and he was cool but don't ask him this question (even though I was tempted to)
as it's sure to piss him off. He has a lot of respect for Fripp.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Definitely, tell him to check out G101

How much time are you gonna have? Maybe you could turn it into an interview for the interview section of this site

Myself, I wanna know...with all the lights onstage reflecting off his chrome guitar and his bald head, plus wearing sunglasses all the time...how does he not trip over something and fall flat on his face?

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
good one POd....i think Ill get a few minutes to chat...ill have to get my 2 minutes worth thats why i posted this....should have some cool pics with my new digital camera and im having him sign my js-100

·
Playin The Blues
1,990 Posts
Lucky you axe ! Tell him zeppy said hes her fav guitarist hehehehe !
I love my joe ! Gonna post a cover of me doin joe soon ! Soon as I learn the damn lead hahaha ... doin it by ear 2 axe !

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Ask him how he got the gig doing backing vocals on the first Crowded House LP. Apparently he used it to finance Not of This Earth.

Phil - I know he respects Fripp. So do I, but I wondered how he feels about the crap Fripp got on some of the UK dates. But you are right - it would probably piss him off.

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Ask him if he knows James Limborg and if he has considered him for any leg of the G3 tour?

Also, ask him if he is ever going to grow his hair back out again. I'm getting bored with the bald thing.

And my final question would be:
Paper or plastic?

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i dont think the bald thing was a choice KC. Im thinking of asking
1 his influences
2 last CD he purchased
3 Does he write the rythym track or the melody first in most of his songs
4 Does he know about guitars101 and that there are many guitarist there that are extremely influenced by him
5 Paper or plastic
6 what are the three most important things for a guitarist to know or practice
7 your question!!!!!!!
.....please give more input..thanks

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Whats on his rider?

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Ask him if he would ever like to hear some covers of songs we all do by the famous himself,, and if so,, would he participate in this wonderful site to hear all the fine musicians that gloom this site with original material,, covers ,,and covers of the great Satch himself.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts