Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
  • Hello guitar enthusiasts! We are pleased to announce an Ask Me Anything discussion thread with Dutch musician Arjen Lucassen. The AMA will be going live on Tuesday, August 10th, and will run until August 12th, and can be found here. Don't miss out!
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Absolute Worst Album ever. Just Proved that Gene Simmons is in it only for the money to the dilusionall and everyone else :p

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
God, are you right on this one. This CD is the biggest piece of crap Gene has ever foisted down our throats.

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
Did you know?.......that when he started his record label, he used the money bag with the dollar sign as a logo. Well, he researched it and found that Parker Brothers or Milton Bradly, whoever makes Monopoly games, used it on their Chance cards. However, they didn't copyright it. So Gene got the copyright and sued them. Now every time a Monopoly game is sold Gene gets a check. Clever but blood sucking.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think Gene was right in naming the album Asshole. It has a duel function. It describes the product maker very well and yet it also serves as a reminder of what the product is... I mean what doesn an asshole make? Shit. I think I get his whole concept.It's brilliant.

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
COMING SOON! Limited Edition Official Kiss Souls! That's right, you can own your own piece of rock "history" with your very own soul from Gene, Paul, Ace, Peter, um....Bruce, Vinnie, Mark St. John, Eric Singer, Tommy Thayer, the lighting guy, the producer guy, Gene's maid, Paul's boyfriend etc. Also, keep an eye out on Ebay for the auction for Gene's Grandmom. I hear she does windows.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
VanMan2000 said:
Did you know?.......that when he started his record label, he used the money bag with the dollar sign as a logo. Well, he researched it and found that Parker Brothers or Milton Bradly, whoever makes Monopoly games, used it on their Chance cards. However, they didn't copyright it. So Gene got the copyright and sued them. Now every time a Monopoly game is sold Gene gets a check. Clever but blood sucking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never heard that before. That is insane!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
KISS wouldve been a hell of a lot different if eddie left VH in 1981, but we wouldnt ve had Fair Warning or 1984 or 5150, wouldve been different, imagine Eddie in a Kiss Suit?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
did you know kiss actually stands for "keep it simple stupid" as the record executives were telling them, when they sold out long before they got famous. Not "knights in satans service" mwahaha.

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Brainpolice said:
did you know kiss actually stands for "keep it simple stupid" as the record executives were telling them, when they sold out long before they got famous. Not "knights in satans service" mwahaha.

[/ QUOTE ]I didn't know that, but I don't think it's true either. I've read many times where the name came from but that wasn't one of them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is true actually. My drum teacher was in a band that they opened for, before they we're called kiss. And thats what he said. And hes not gonna lie to me about stuff like that. You gonna trust a magazine, or an inside source?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Regaurdless, its quite obvious that they are in it for the money, and have been for a long time. Kiss product after Kiss product, yet no KISS album. HAHA. they even have their own Coffins! Im like WTF!

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
and once the fame and money comes guess what, integrity goes out the window.. its lets make us much as we can while we have the chance... kiss just so happens to have enough fans that wether they are touring or not they still sell alot of merchandise...

and any band that splits up and gets back 4 or 5 yrs later just means they didnt make it on there own like they did when they were together, so they start toruin again and why? for the money

1 - 20 of 48 Posts