Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

Atlanta Rhythm Section - Sleep With One Eye Open (unreleased album) - 1982

6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  luissunset 
#1 ·
Unreleased follow-up to Quinella recorded as ARS slowly dies:

After Quinella, ARS went back into the studio to record another album for CBS. CBS wanted to change out some songs, and creative differences led to the entire album being shelved and never released.

Personnel assumed to be the same as Quinella:

Ronnie Hammond - vocals
Paul Goddard - bass
Barry Bailey - guitar
JR Cobb - guitar
Dean Daughtry - keys
Roy Yeager - drums

1 sleep with one eye open
2 high time
3 longing for a feeling
4 long distance love
5 stone cold hit
6 two note boogie
7 bad situation
8 wine with dinner

download @256
http://rapidshare.com/files/313949999/ARS_-_Sleep_With_One_Eye_Open_1982__256.zip

No song writing credits.

This one is for completists only. Not remotely as good a Quinella.

See less See more
#3 ·
I'd love to see a full-length live boot from the Underdog or Quinella tours.
Truth had only one song that I liked ("Awesome Love"). The album was ruined by poor songs and use of the friggin' drum machine.

I may be able to piece together a whole show from the Quinella album for you using multiple sources (all very high quality). Do you have anything from the Savoy show in NYC from that tour? What about "Outlaw Blues"? There has never been a full show released.

I'll post what I have soon.

#4 ·
Thanks, mate... looking forward to it.

The other day, my brother and I were talking about how I learned to play bass by parroting Paul Goddard, especially that sweet solo on the live version of "Another Man's Woman" and that rolling line on "Angel." Someone on amazon.com wrote a succinct description of his style:

"Paul Goddard was tight, tasty, prone to very cool fills, and knew exactly how long to make each note."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.