Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems to be a lot of Halen fans on here (myself included)
so I thought I'd post Atomic Punk as it's one of the more obscure tracks from the classic Van Halen album.

The backing track is the good old Van Halen album version with Eddies channel removed and processed back into stereo. I also time stretched it up a half step to concert pitch so I didn't need to detune to play it (
Damn that Floyd Rose) lol

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Damn this kicked fckin ass!!!!!
Amazing job!!

·
MOON RULES!
450 Posts
You did badass man!! Great GREAT JOB!!! What other BT's are availible like that? I have 3 that have vocals but they all have Ralph Saenz on vocals instead of DLR.... sadge. could you email me this backin you used for that? or any others like that. i know about the panned deal with that album.. just been to lazy to go do it myself ... my email is [email protected] (if anyone else has BT's from that record like this (with DLR vox)...please pass em on to me)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Evhmoon, all of the first album and most of Halen II can be turned into backing tracks using this method. I'll mail you this one as requested.
If more people want this backing track I'll post it in the backing track forum.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah you'll still hear Ed on the right but its only the fx signal, when you start playin along you can't hear it.
Check your mail

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
You played this with great ease! That scratching in the beginning always gives me chills. I wish you used a regular old backing track vs. the album, because too much of Ed's playing comes through making it hard to hear your playing. Nice job on the solo!

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
Sounds great....loved it...hehe sometimes 78 seems so long ago...and yet this album is still going strong!!
Awesome, thanks for the clip.

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Riff Addict said:
That just kicked Ass!! I've never been able to play like Eddie or even achieve his Brown sound. I wish I could cover VH like that.........amazing dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't have said it more precisely to match the way I feel too. Amazing job Joe Van Sadge. I kept forgetting that I was listening to a cover. Truly awesome!

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
gr8 job on the feel on the tone, and chops.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.