Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few things you should know if you are a new user and want to make a post:

1.) In order to start your own thread, you need to make at least 10 comments to other posts first. Try downloading some shows that interest you and leave a thank you. After 10, you should be able to start making your own threads

2.) In order for your first thread to appear on the list with the other shows, it needs to be approved by an administrator or moderator first. It's set up that way, because we have been getting inundated with spam posts and it was a major undertaking for us to sift through all the threads created every day and weed out the spam. This way all of the spam is pointed out to us, and new users' first threads are "labeled" as spam unless we approve them. Don't take offense if your thread doesn't show up right away.

3.) If a few days goes by and you still don't see your thread, PM one of the moderators- Fatjoint and EDGE are here the most and are more than willing to help you get your threads seen. Once we determine that your thread is not spam, we will approve it and it will be seen almost immediately after the approval.

4.) One more thing- it helps us tremendously if you choose the right category for your shows. (i.e. Lossy/mp3, Lossless, Van Halen, Elvis, Requests, Video, etc.) We can move them from one forum to another, but if you could choose the correct one to begin with, it saves us a step.

Thanks and have fun!
Guitars101

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
They can make 100 posts, but if we don't approve them, they still won't be able to post anything. If they do, it'll appear as a "moderated post" and we HAVE to approve them before anything will appear to anyone else.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well there isn't, but I've been inundated with "why can't I see my post?" "why haven't my posts been approved?" "who do I have to blow to get my post seen?" - Most spammers aren't checking out the stickies anyway, they're just blindly posting. We have a new way of banning the username and ip address now so if they start that crap, we'll nail them. The amount of spam has been greatly reduced due to this new way of posting. There's no way of completely getting rid of spam, but this is a big deterrent.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks for the tips - I've downloaded some real gems here - and I love the site.
Looking forward to sharing some rare Van Morrison and Bob Marley.
So 7 more comments and hopefully I'll be approved (uploaded well over a TB at Demonoid), I noticed here that after leaving a comment - you are immediately switched back to the main page, and have to start your search all over - is it like that for everyone?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Many thanks for the tips. I didn't see it until now (and I've been visiting this site for a while) because I tend towards the lossless bootlegs. Maybe you could make a copy of this sticky over there? :)

Anyway, I now know I have to make ten postings before I can return the favor for the wonderful downloads I've obtained courtesy of this site.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Why I haven´t readed this before trying posting? Thanks

Calz
lol. this.

I was so used to a couple of other forums where I post that I assumed the stickied posts covered the same topics and I didn't read them. That'll teach me.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Hello all,
My first post here, although I have been downloading from this great site for quite some time. Looking forward to giving back as I have a lot of different material, much of which I haven't seen on this site. Got the winrar program, just need a little direction on uploading, preferably through megaupload and where to go from there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello, it's not my first post here...
I wrote something here and there earler today and I'm looking to be approved...
I hope I can start to upload some new material soon!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Several weeks ago, I made a comment on an existing thread (I can't remember what it was now :eh: ) and it never appeared.
Does the first post a person makes have to be approved? (I've seen a few boards like that.) Thanks.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts