·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checkout what Sammy says on a post to his website Nov 4th

http://www.redrocker.com/index1.html

There...

November 4, 2004 - Message from Sammy

The Last Leg of the Van Halen Tour is about over. It ends on Nov 19th to be exact in Tucson at the Anselmo Amphitheater. Last two shows Huh! ...You can't make it? Get real!
See ya in Tucson!

Everything has been great, the fans awesome, the fun meter in the red.

Listen here, all these crazy rumors flying around cyberspace are that. Plain and simple, I never said I was quitting Van Halen. There has been no discussion as to when or where we're going to pick this show up on the road and do it all over again cause quite honestly, 80 shows since June 11. Wow, I'm bushed ...HA!

But baby, we are rockin'. The adrenalin in pumpin'. We're having a blast and you need to come check it out for yourself. If you ain't jacked when you get there, I guarantee you you'll be jacked when you leave.

After that it's non-related Van Halen talk.

Oh to hell with my language morals......This is the fucking best news I have had all week. There I've finally said it! Let’s hope my students don't read it but I have had a gutful about this Hagar quitting stuff.

I am like many people here and will not believe till the fat lady sings her ass off on an official site and this for me is solid proof that all the shit the doomsayers have been posting is just that SHIT! Now there is bounce in my step, a glint in my eye and my wife is in for some attention tonight because I am damn well feeling a whole lot better after this news, god damn it!

I want to say rock on Chad, James, Chris, VanMan and all the believers in here right now. Let Van Halen rest and bring them down here next.

Now, where is my wife?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Mondola, seen my wife? She is still hiding!
Great news and I agree it gives hope to all those who do not live in the USA. Lets hope Van Halen can light up the skies of both the UK and Australia. Stiglar would love this news in Perth. (Lets hear from you mate!) I know many mates of mine here would are breathing easier now.

Now, where is my wife? As one could say, "I'm going to get me some Poundcake" Oh I better stop this could really turn blue...

·
Banned
808 Posts
Great news Sphill.Whats Sucka say?It ain't over till the pretty woman sings?lol.I'am going to have a great day indeed,again thanks for the news Sphill,you rock!

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Your wife has had smuggling bays installed like those used in the Millennium Falcon.

She's got a years supply of toilet rolls, gossip magazines, food, and daytime T.V. You won't be seeing her for a while !!!

Having said that, where the hells MY wife gone ? The dishes are beginning to stack up !!!

Ah, I could always hire TJ !!!

Great news, very optimistic, and let's just hope that Ed has been writing new stuff while they have been bouncing around the States !

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
Regardless of the status of Sammy and VH I think that was the right thing for him to say. That's what I really like about Sammy, he really is a class act.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
chris miller said:
Great news Sphill.Whats Sucka say?It ain't over till the pretty woman sings?lol.I'am going to have a great day indeed,again thanks for the news Sphill,you rock!

[/ QUOTE ]

You know it Chris! I never had a doubt in my mind during all these rumors. VH is here to stay.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Man..I hope you guys are right. I've been thinking about the chapters from Sammy's book where he was talking about re-inventing the sound of the band, so to speak and incorporating sounds from different bands and genres.

Personally, I would love a new album with a lyrically, more mature VH. UFB is a great song, but the lyrics are a bit juvenile, IMO. Maybe with some time to sit down and write without being rushed to record they can find the magic once again. I just hope all is well and VH is here to stay.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
mondola said:
Your wife has had smuggling bays installed like those used in the Millennium Falcon.

She's got a years supply of toilet rolls, gossip magazines, food, and daytime T.V. You won't be seeing her for a while !!!

Having said that, where the hells MY wife gone ? The dishes are beginning to stack up !!!

Ah, I could always hire TJ !!!

Great news, very optimistic, and let's just hope that Ed has been writing new stuff while they have been bouncing around the States !

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFA0 Mond !!!
This is a lot better to read than all the rumors that's for damn sure!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
VH ain't dead yet. Pretty positive post from Sammy. I am back to taking the wait and see aproach, new VH cd & tour in 05, great OR new Sammy solo cd & tour in 05 still pretty good.

Either way I'll see you guys at Tahoe Wabo in May 2005.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Im sorry but I just dont understand it. Sammy in the radio Interview was pretty clear that he was pissed off & couldnt wait for it to end, & now a full 180 turn & all is well again...& lets get this right here we are not talking idle rumours we are talking HIS words so it seems to me take anything he says with a pinch of salt....Anyway Im in the U.k & I went to both Vegas shows in August & the really good news is Im flying out to do both the Tucson shows front row....basically because I feel that with Ed the way he is & all the 'fun' surrounding this tour thsi could very well be it & I want one big last VH memory..hope im wrong guys, but anyway its been a good way to sell it to the wife aboout me disappearing again for a few days...I might well be accused of 'creative' stuff if they do come over the pond.

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
I sense bullshit and spin.
I'm done holding my breath. The concert I went to was a disgrace and a ripoff, the new songs are not on heavy rotation on my iPod, and Ed has lost his touch due to alcohol abuse.

I hope Ed cleans up and will be there when VH is good and ready to really deliver something of quality and consistence...if that ever happens.

I will no longer wet my pants at every bit of news I hear or read anymore about VH. Been there before...

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
With only a handfull of shows still left, I really see no reason why Sam would need to spin things. If it's over then he could have just let his words from the radio interview speak for themselves and left after the tour was over. Instead he speaks up and says that he is not quitting VH, and that all the speculation is really b.s.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
And I gotta disagree that Ed's lost his touch due to alcohol abuse. If that were the case, I would figure that Ed would have lost his magic back in the day. He's lost a bit of his touch cause he's been out of the game so long. I know what it feels like to pick up an instrument after not touching it for one week, so I can't imagine picking it up after all the crap he's been thru. And he even admitted to losing his inspiration to even pick up the guitar while he was going thru the shit, and at one point it felt like a 2x4 in his hands. I think after all the crap he's been thru, he's earned the right to get his chops back without folks saying he's lost it. That is just my opinion.

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
To me this is simple, he's obviously expressed his concernce in the radio interview there is no question about that. He is riding out the tour and to do that with the best of intentions he made this statement. In once sense I have to agree with VH about the cabo wabo stuff, not to the extent of making that guy take his shirt off but just the fact that he is in VH and should be a complete representative as such until the tour is over, just my .02 on that.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
ericgtr said:
To me this is simple, he's obviously expressed his concernce in the radio interview there is no question about that. He is riding out the tour and to do that with the best of intentions he made this statement. In once sense I have to agree with VH about the cabo wabo stuff, not to the extent of making that guy take his shirt off but just the fact that he is in VH and should be a complete representative as such until the tour is over, just my .02 on that.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I agree with that.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have to agree that the new songs are bad. Im "up for Breakfast" is really stupid. Its sad to hear Sammy singing about his morning woody. FUCK was his best CD IMO.
Is anyone else bothered by the opening chord change in "about time"? That Drop D to E just bugs me and kills the groove. Hmmm..

·
Banned
808 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
sweeps said:
I have to agree that the new songs are bad. Im "up for Breakfast" is really stupid. Its sad to hear Sammy singing about his morning woody. FUCK was his best CD IMO.
Is anyone else bothered by the opening chord change in "about time"? That Drop D to E just bugs me and kills the groove. Hmmm..

[/ QUOTE ]
No man i love the three new songs!
Are they best VH have ever put out?No!But they rock!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts