Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AUDIOSLAVE: Sophomore Album Due In June - Jan. 7, 2005
Source: Blabbermouth

A source at Epic Records has exclusively told The Zone that the second album from AUDIOSLAVE will arrive in June. Singer Chris Cornell, guitarist Tom Morello, bassist Tim Commerford and drummer Brad Wilk have been working on the follow-up to their 2002 debut since last year, and Morello said he couldn't be more excited about the results. "It sounds awesome," he said. "It's a ridiculously rocking record, and I think it far surpasses the first one, which I loved. I thought the first record was great, but we've really gelled as a band and, you know, having a year of touring under our belts, we've become and kind of grown into ourselves as a band. It sounds awesome."

More information about the record, including its title and a specific release date, is not yet available.

AUDIOSLAVE's self-titled debut disc has sold over two million copies. The band has an unusual record label arrangement: because vocalist Chris Cornell, formerly of SOUNDGARDEN, was signed to Interscope Records, that company issued AUDIOSLAVE's debut. But since the other members of the group were signed to Epic when they were in RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE, that label gets to release the second AUDIOSLAVE disc. Future releases from AUDIOSLAVE will continue to flip between the two labels.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
lason5 said:
why can't they just go away? soundgarden and rage were great but together they blow.
I personally never liked Soundgarden or Audio Slave....Chris's voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. I wish they'd write something that really rocked like Velvet Revolver stuff. If the new album has some rockin' tunes on it, I might give it a chance but Cornell's voice irritates me so bad I can't really focus on the music much....:irk:

·
Registered
425 Posts
lason5 said:
why can't they just go away? soundgarden and rage were great but together they blow.
You should be happy there's a band like them around today....
:doh:

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
I can't stand them. Separatly they were great bands, but together they help dissolve the thought of a guitar solo. I could do without them. They blow. :thumbsdow

·
Registered
33 Posts
i agree, it is one of the best albums of the new millenium...i love their sound and their vibe.
was a semi fan of soundgarten, and a little of the rage, but together, they really gel!!

cant wait for the new one

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Audioslave is great, but they got a bit toooooo overplayed for me. I haven't taken out that cd in ages, but I do remember enjoying it alot. I'm anxious to hear the new album.

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
FH said:
I thought that Audioslave record was one of the best rock records to come out of the 00's so far.
Totally agree FH...great rock as well as a sorta U2 vibe on some of the songs. 'Getaway Car' would be my fave song.

·
Registered
733 Posts
i love audio slave. been wondering when they were gonna come out with a new one.

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
i must say i did enjoy a few of the tunes on their first cd ... it will never be rage against teh machine but i think tom morello isn't really going for that in this band ...

can't wait to hear it ! (the new album that is)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts