Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
  • Hello guitar enthusiasts! We are pleased to announce an Ask Me Anything discussion thread with Dutch musician Arjen Lucassen. The AMA will be going live on Tuesday, August 10th, and will run until August 12th, and can be found here. Don't miss out!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
36,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Artist - Avenged Sevenfold
Date - September 16th 2011
City - Burgettstown PA (Pittsburgh)
Venue - First Niagara Pavilion
Title - [TAY028]
Source - audience
Taper: TAY666
Equipment - Tascam DR-2D with internal mics

Lineage - 24 bit 44.1 kHz wave > Cool Edit Pro 2.0 for parametric EQ, compression, and normalization > 16 bit wave > FLAC

Running time - 79.20

Setlist
01. Intro
02. Nightmare
03. Critical Acclaim
04. Beast and the Harlot
05. Welcome to the Family
06. I Won't See You Tonight part 1
07. Afterlife
08. Not Ready to Die
09. Scream
10. A Little Piece of Heaven
11. Bat Country
12. Riffs for the Pit

Notes -
Part of the Uproar Festival
Featuring - Avenged Sevenfold / Three Days Grace / Seether / Bullet for My Valentine / Escape the Fate / Sevendust / Black Tide / Art of Dying / Hell or High Water

Taped from the pavilion. Section 2 - Row N. Which is center-right about 14 rows from the stage.

Overall, pretty good. I had my levels set way too low on the DR-2D. It was my first time out with it, and I was too conservative. So I had to do a lot of boosting in post.
But I think I captured the sound pretty well. The vocals are a bit understated, but that is the way it was at the show too. Very hard to pick the vocals out of the sound of the guitars.
Also had a xcreamer a couple seats away. I toned down the worst of it, but you can still hear her occasionally.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
NOT for sale, Free Trade ONLY!
TAY666
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

https://mega.nz/#!ksFRDY4Z!xD4G5tbKIqF4rxR8CTlrOik07o_FEAXeUqMlB-psNMY

1 - 2 of 2 Posts