Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After months of research i decided that this is the guitar that had so many similiarities to the Prestige Ibanez's at half the price. This Jackson Rocks and the neck extra size make being precise much easier. I traded in my 250mgdfx 2 12'' marshall combo and $150. So..what do "you" think!...ps..i found this guitar to be way better than any of the Ibanez RG's at the same or a few hundred bucks more.

Attachments

·
Shredding it up!!!
1,185 Posts
thats a nice jackson man. What model is it??? Congrats on the cool buy!!! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well its a different breed with 24 frets and single coils to boot...its too early to tell yet but i actually find some similiarities with my homemades with seymore duncan pickups...ill let ya know in a day or 2

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
wahwah said:
Nice but not my cuppa. Think I'm gonna sell my DK2s I got from tony4552 as it's not getting used and I only have one pair of hands! Gotta save for me false teeth! :toothless
Hey Chris, I'll yank a few of mine out and send them to ya for the Jackson.... how many do you need? :D

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
almost returned it today....dam thing wouldnt stay in tune when i used the "floating bar...the neck was creaking.....removed then reinstalled the neck and the problem went away

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
thats great Semi....i posted that comment because i never heard that mentioned when people post that they cant keep their guitar/floyd in tune.....and the only reason i figured it out was because i was hearing a creaking in the neck....when i tried to tighted the bolts..they wouldnt budge.....but completely removing and replacing stopped the creaking and the tuning issues.......it stay perfect now whether off an up pull or down pulll it lands home everytime....gonna pull one of the springs on the Floyd tonight to loosen it up a little (from 3 to 2)

·
Registered
733 Posts
very nice...love jackson body style. my big hand always swallows a thin jackson neck though...but easier on the fingers and smooth for rythm and barre chords.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts