Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

axeshredder vs strat78 (15 votes to win)

• axeshredder

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • strat78

Votes: 15 60.0%

axeshredder vs strat78 "Bulls on Parade"

4K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  axeshredder 
#1 ·
This was a pisser:rock: .....Good Luck strat78!

Attachments

#13 ·
For a very short period of time I played in a ratm cover band. We didnt have a sing tho, so I'm pretty used to hearing this sort of ratm-cover :D
Enough about me, time to vote!
You both did an awesome job on this, and it was great to hear a bit of ratm.
Axe's version was great, and the solo rocked, but I found strats version to be even more to my liking. More agressive and a more powerful tone did it for me.

#14 ·
Thanks for voting everybody! Keep them comming. Like Axe said, this tune was a pisser, but it was fun trying to find a way to put it all together with out the vocal. The thing that is cool about Tom Morello, from RATM is that he never does the obvious. I think both Axe and I did this tune with Toms playing in mind. However, I was leaning a little more towards Ace Freely (you don't here that too often).:lol:

#22 · (Edited)
congrats strat...great job...this ones surely was different...cool match...mybe again sometime.....and thanks voters for taking the time

to tele....theres no trick...just scratch, rythmically and perfect timing...just cause i ndidnt do it, didnt mean that i dont know how....i did this song in a cover band a couple of times....its alot of work to do it perfect...your better off doing your own thing

#23 ·
not a very good answer....

:scratch: Sorry axe, but saying just scratch doesn't realy amount to much. Scratch what......your finernail on a single string, your pick on a single string, your pick on all six strings muted, a needle on a turntable. The only thing your answer left me scratchin was my head still wonderin how to do it.

#24 ·
well the rest is up to your ear!.....i mean its clearly a pick and one string but if you want to use your nail...go ahead....there is a slight harmonic that rings through the scratch to find the right posotioning but i didnt bother.....the timing is whats neccessary...the position doesnt really matter....dont be irked at me...i just tried to help

#26 ·
no problem axe......

:woot: no problem axe.......I just wanted to find out a little more about how he did it or how it's done......never heard anyone do it before & it sounded pretty wild. I wasn't familiar with the tune you guys covered, so I didn't know if it was actually in there or somethin strat just added.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.