Votes: 10 76.9%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
mmmmm.............Beer!!!
695 Posts
Oh damn, here we go again....:confused:

Both great versions guys - Axe's was probably closer to the original, but I loved wah wah's 'live' lead tone......this fence is getting very uncomfortable:toothless I'm gonna have to get involved so I don't have to vote!!! Axe has it by the smallest of margins:icon_redf

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Naifuzan said:
Killer lead work and great tone on both entries here.
However I felt wahwah's rythm playing was a bit more tight, so it's his vote by a very small margin.
dont really know what ya mean by tight....but i clearly have the song down tighter than the three versions ive heard here especially on the rythym...you cant hear that? ??? (maybe im losing my timing...duh)but i was quite loose on the solos...thats the difference of a polished recording(his) and an hour recording(mine)... it should be put into considerstion when you vote...i shouldnt have to explain this but i understand that theres no requirements to vote so i dont take them too seriously.....i do thank all for voting no matter what premise you base your vote on..thanks

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Axe, you gotta take a chill pill on these battles man! When people listen, they hear what they hear...there's no vote for sound quality or closeness or tone-just an overall vote. I hardly EVER do a solo note-for-note...too boring for me to want to get it to that point; I'd rather go for the vibe. But I don't make a song and dance if someone says the other guys solo is closer or whatever because it doesn't matter. This one was done in a coupla hours over a year ago...you can't take a lot of time on AC/DC! Just chill and remember people ain't having a go at what you did...they're just hearing what they hear. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
im sorry if you guys think im offended...but im not.and a win here means absolutely nothing...im in it for the educational factor....im just wondering what yall are hearing....some thing are a matter of interpretation...others are just factual...if technically anyone has done this song any tighter than i have done...well lets hear it....not saying Wah isnt plain old better...because i think it is .........as a complete project.....but tighter or more accurate?...i think wah would agree with me....but please dont give me the excuse that the real solo is too boring.......yeah we know all guitars use that as an excuse for not learning note for note....please lets be honest here..lol...like that most of the people who have judged my battle say i lose...but the guys i battle whether publically or privately keep telling me mine was better in 3 battles ive lost...now that takes some balls(honesty) to do...so my comments were to educate you voteres that arent...but its taken the wrong way everytime......im where i am because i can take critisism.....and shred it....but its hard for you all to believe that i judge my own like it wasnt mine at all.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I thought you were more accurate, axe... that is until i listened to it the second time...

The main riffage... the EDA riff... well you were playing it EDD... i didn't hear it the first time... cause the bass A note muffled the chord... but steveo said it didn't sound right... and i listened the second time and found that...

but anyway... i went with wah cause i liked the slightly improved solo a bit better...

I think we should set rules for all battles before they are made... like you are allowed improv.. or stick with the actual tune... or just go bawls out wild....

that should keep people from getting a little hot under the collar!

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
hehe...it's got fuck all to do with it being too boring...I've just got better things to do than listen to it over and over again! I'm happy with how it fits together or, after listening to it for a year, I would have bloody changed it! :crazy:

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Lazertronic said:
I thought you were more accurate, axe... that is until i listened to it the second time...

The main riffage... the EDA riff... well you were playing it EDD... i didn't hear it the first time... cause the bass A note muffled the chord... but steveo said it didn't sound right... and i listened the second time and found that...

but anyway... i went with wah cause i liked the slightly improved solo a bit better...

I think we should set rules for all battles before they are made... like you are allowed improv.. or stick with the actual tune... or just go bawls out wild....

that should keep people from getting a little hot under the collar!
sorry ...you are wrong....uy yuy yuy.....i learn everything by ear...you obviously cant hear that its a D with a Db added....E D A is from some stupid tab or your mistake....over 20 years of learning by ear...i would know...shouldnt comment if you really dont know what your talking about

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
well i listened to these about 8 times, and i found things i like more about wah's and things i like more about axe's... but the one thing i hate the most is all the drama, so therefore i pass on the voting part and will just say you both did an awsome job:thumb:

i realize its been tough getting people to vote on these battles but sometimes ya have to take a step back and ask yourself why arent they

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i get it...you all like to see me lose and you dont like my honesty......cause here in the reall world...many ask my opinions and value them....i guess this place is not for me after many attempts to not give it up...have fun boys:rock:

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
pretty selfish of you to say just cuz someone doesnt vote for you that you think its a personal attack on you and that they want you to lose...but ya know what this isnt even worth arguin over.. this is what killed guitarbattle and it will kill this site too...seems you dont like to hear people honesty either axe.. i have nothing against you personally your a great guitar player.. but not everyone sees and hears things the way that you do.. that doesnt make them a bad person or mean that they wanna see ya lose....anyways im done with this garbage, i just hope it doesnt kill this site

as i said before ya both did an awsome job on this tune, way better then i could do and thats bein honest:thumb:

axeshredder said:
i get it...you all like to see me lose and you dont like my honesty......cause here in the reall world...many ask my opinions and value them....i guess this place is not for me after many attempts to not give it up...have fun boys:rock:

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
guitarwizard2003 said:
pretty selfish of you to say just cuz someone doesnt vote for you that you think its a personal attack on you and that they want you to lose...but ya know what this isnt even worth arguin over.. this is what killed guitarbattle and it will kill this site too...seems you dont like to hear people honesty either axe.. i have nothing against you personally your a great guitar player.. but not everyone sees and hears things the way that you do.. that doesnt make them a bad person or mean that they wanna see ya lose....anyways im done with this garbage, i just hope it doesnt kill this site

as i said before ya both did an awsome job on this tune, way better then i could do and thats bein honest:thumb:
your words are down to earth and appreciated....AGAIN...i dont take it personal...im laughing...really....but no one reads the note a page back, they wont get it

·
Registered
118 Posts
axeshredder said:
sorry ...you are wrong....uy yuy yuy.....i learn everything by ear...you obviously cant hear that its a D with a Db added....E D A is from some stupid tab or your mistake....over 20 years of learning by ear...i would know...shouldnt comment if you really dont know what your talking about
ya.. i heard your Db in there... still doesn't sound right to the original.... i don't care how many years you have been teaching yourself by ear... you are a great guitar player... much better than i am atm... but that doesn't mean that because I can hear that it doesn't sound right... or anyone else for that matter doesn't mean that there is a good chance that you were wrong as well...

I thought I was trying to be as open and honest as i could... but i guess that doesn't matter...

I don't know about y'all but I am going to keep playing the battles as long as I find it fun... which i still do...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.