Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Axeshredder\'s Axe Factory

Well as you can see, my factory's square footage has some issues but its a start.....i hate painting but there will be minimal spraying on my designs and i design as i go along so dont ask what my plans for this one is cause it will change but thinking white and gold

I know its not ready for strings but couldnt pass up a deal of $29 for 10 when i bought the neck plate

Attachments

·
Playin The Blues
1,990 Posts
Re: Axeshredder\'s Axe Factory

excellent job axe .... hahaha I seen that bare wood and was thinkin how pretty the grain is but u sprayed it I see . Hope it comes out good for ya !

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

actually its 3 pieces glued...(cheap)...if i keep the wood look it will be with a one piece...this one will be getting a banana neck so it should be cool
i got this cheap on ebay $75...a couple of cracks that were glued but in minor areas

·
Registered
5,264 Posts

That is too cool Axe can't wait to see this one when you are done!!

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)

BACK TO THE AXE...
during priming, you see the imperfections of the wood....a little wood filler is what ill use for pit holes...and 400 grit paper in between coats to smoothen out then wipe with damp paper towel and dry or use a tack rag to clean all dust off and any fragments...4 coats should do...by the way, i dont know what im doing but i have some experience painting signs and a little advise i picked up around the net...........chime in if you see a problem..thanks

·
Banned
7,011 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
axeshredder said:

...by the way, i dont know what im doing but i have some experience painting signs and a little advise i picked up around the net...........chime in if you see a problem..thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, not knowing what you are doing is why you are doing a great job!
You are not falling into the traps set by "The Man" in how to do things, but rather you do them how you think they should be done.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts