Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i finally got some top musicians to get this band going...heres our first set list...comments or reccommendations would be cool..there will be originals but just a few for starters

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey mike..."Number of the Beast" will be in the second set!
Thanks Mondo...of course more Satriani would be to my liking but i do have a singer...so if i get him to sing some hard stuff,(Zep, etc) he will need a break, so i can do my thing...lol.....first rehearsal we punched out 2112 and quite a few rush songs...so hopefully the singer can handle it..Thanks for your input

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
thats a great list but if you want drunk large breasted college girls at your shows you might want to pick some more dance oriented rock songs to add to your list. Crazy train is a good pick and zz top is good dance music, another thing comin by priest will work too. you have to do some of the classic recognisable hard rock. be careful, i love satch as much as you but when i saw satch in milwaukee there weren't more than 20 women in the whole crowd. if you plan to play in the bars you have to draw in the women and a bar full of women will draw in the guys and get you hired back more often. lots of dancing women = lots of guys = lots of alcohol consumed = lots of money in the till = happy owner = more gigs = more often for more money = getting laid more. what more could you want?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
nice set list... great guitar playing songs as well... the van halen and led zepp classics are great additions..

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
It really comes down to who you are playing for and what you want to accomplish. If you guys are playing for yourselves it's great. For example, I was in a small time cover band and we played "Have a drink on me" mainly becasue I love that song....but most of the average non-A.O.R. folks want to hear something they know from the radio like "You shook me" or "girls got rhythm"....that they can sort of dance to if they are drunk enough. With G n R, I would rather hear/play Brownstone....but most would want Jungle. I personally like the setlist, but I'm not the average bar hopper.

Playing live music in bars is tough....if you just want to have a weekend hobby and play mainly for yourselves.....it's great. One problem was (back in the 80's) that people come out and hear your setlist....then next week they want to hear a completely different one....and any new songs that were getting airplay, they also want to hear that week.....Bon Jovi, Cinderella, Skid row, Motley Crue etc.

Might be easier to just go all original with a couple of remakes.....just depends on what you are targeting to do with the band.

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
thanks everyone for your comments.....ESPECIALLY eARMON AND vhFAN0U812

and great post VHfan......your absolutely right...though this set list is made up of mostly songs we already know....only 2 rehersals so far so later once these are set, we will add and eliminate. Weve clicked on so many songs were almost ready to start booking gigs.....but i also want to introduce alot of music that many bands arent or havent played......as you can see we arent limited by skills but being this early in the project, i think this will work for many but not all....i want to work with a little more current bands...and we will be working on originals when the time comes but covers will get our feet wet.....and we want to totallly blow people away...or try anyway..THANKS AGAIN

http://www.guitars101.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=18659

1 - 11 of 11 Posts