Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't take much credit on this track. It was written and sung by my friend Brent. He plays the rhythm guitar here too. I added a keyboard part and an acoustic guitar solo with fills. Hope this one isn't too mellow, but it has a haunting melody to it and a very nice vocal performance.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Linda. I posted this one because of the nice comments you made about the other song. It's really a blessing to work with someone who has a wonderful talent like this. Unfortunately Brent moved to another town, plus he and his wife had twins, so his free time to work on music disappeared. We had made a CD and were going to try to play a few open mic shows, promote the CD and sell a few copies, but never really got around to it. It's great to be able to share a couple of these songs on this forum.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Yeah...Brent has a killer voice and is a gr8 songwriter!!!:bowdown: Your guitar work is exlnt as well and fits perfectly!!!:icon_thum

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
This is a really good song and performed with great skill. I am seriously impressed!

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
this was fucking stellar man..his voice is just killa on this.. you guys did a awsome job..great composition, lyrics the whole works..i was jammin some leads to it imaginin i was in the band with you guys lol.. just awsome work man, let brent know his stuff is killa:icon_thum :icon_thum :bowdown: :bowdown:

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was amazing, you both did an aweosme job on this!! :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Much obliged for all the gracious comments. I will pass along the nice words to Brent.

Guitarwizard2003, I'm curious to hear what kind of improvs you were coming up with while jamming. Feel free to record some of it and then post the song with your add-ons.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
heres what i was messin around with ksdb, just some soft fills.. i should of used my acoustic since it was an acoustic tune but, i was more or less just playin around cuz i loved your tune..

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
What a big shame that you both cannot keep doing this..because this was one great song!!
Loved everything about it....man he has some voice.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
heres what i was messin around with ksdb, just some soft fills. i should of used my acoustic since it was an acoustic tune but, i was more or less just playin around cuz i loved your tune.
You added a lot of cool atmospheric riffs, giving some nice texture to the piece. Might have been fun to do this for the CD.

I really liked jamming with this song because I really like minor keys. The trick was trying to complement the vocal performance without overdoing the guitar.

Since this was Brent's project, we really didn't get to try some of the other ideas I had. I had to push for the keyboard part, which he loved after hearing it, but a tight budget didn't allow anything else. His songs deserved some extra production work, more attention to detail and more complex instrumentation.

Cool job with your jams! Thanks for posting it.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
thx for the kind words.. it would of sounded better im sure if i would of used my acoustic and took more time on it, but as i said i was just messin around with it cuz i loved the peice:thumb: .. both songs i have heard from you guys were killer, i myself love the slower ballad type tunes.. keep up the great work hope to hear more from you guys:thumb:

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
WOW this is sooooo beautiful..The emotion in this tune is amazing..Just beautiful...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts