Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is another one of those haunting songs by my friend Brent Dungan. The part I played is very, very minimal on this, but it seems to complement the song. Brent did the acoustic guitar and vocals, so I will forward comments to him about the song.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was great, awesoem playing and vox!! :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Yakamashii. It's nice to receive compliments from such fantastic players when this is a very understated song.

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
Very tasteful, gr8 work!!!! Keeper:mix:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Fantastic vioce on your mate. Classy stuff - I like the subtle guitar underneath underpinning the acoustic. very well crafted :thumb

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Very, very excellent tune here. This is some fantastic composition skill here. Truly,, this is reall great. I'm glad i stopped in to hear this one. Hats off to you and your buddy Brent.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Scott Parnell said:
Very, very excellent tune here. This is some fantastic composition skill here. Truly,, this is reall great. I'm glad i stopped in to hear this one. Hats off to you and your buddy Brent.
I really appreciate your comment here for a couple of reasons. Brent considers himself a very limited guitarist. His chord vocabulary isn't too broad, he doesn't like playing barre chords and he's not a lead player. However, his voice is a tremendous instrument and compositional tool. Most of Brent's songs are built around the proverbial three-chord structure associated with rock-n-roll, and he seems disappointed by the lack of complexity. However, I often remind him that some of the greatest most compelling songs have simple, basic chord arrangements. His ability to create music that is melodic and passionate really transcends whatever chording lies behind it. This should be a source of inspiration and encouragement for all of us, to not be afraid or apologetic and just go out and make music.

Thanks too for all the other comments. All thoughts and input are welcome.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
OH how could have i missed this one :shocked: This guy has a beautiful voice:sap: very nice plse post more:thumb: :thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts