Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey people!
As a service to all of the great folks here at guitars101, I have made my humble collection of backing tracks available on the web. The files are being served up via my own web server which is hosted right here in my den. The computer is on 24/7/365 since it is also the home of the netnerd.d2g.com mail server.

The server is nothing fancy - no log ins, no fancy graphics, just a plain old fashioned list of files. Perhaps in the future I will make it a bit more user friendly and nicer looking. Feel free to check it out.

Here's the URL:

http://netnerd.d2g.com

I will leave this server up so long as it A) dosen't eat up all of my cable modems band width, and B) So long as it is not being abused. Just thought I woyuld mention that.

Thats it! Enjoy everyone!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Rj
aka The NetNerd
www.netnerd.biz

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You are all welcome!

I hope it is working well for you - so far as I can tell, it is working ok from my end.

Rj

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I had to change some parameters on the web server. It was getting hammered so hard that I couldnt even surf the web. The changes will limit the number of ppl that can be downloading at once, so if you get an error, try later.

Rj

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually it's not working because I shut it down - the server was eating up all of my bandwidth - couldn't even surf the web! hehehe But - since it IS christmas, I'll restart it and leave it up untill I return later this evening.

Enjoy!

Rj

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.