8-Day After Day
9-No Matter What
10-Suitcase
11-Love Me Do/Lucille/Rip It Up/Long Tall Sally

Bonus Tracks:

12-Take It All (L.A. 2-21-72)
13-No Matter What (")
14-Better Days(")
15-Love Me Do/Lucille/Rip It Up/Long Tall Sally (?)

The Musicians:

Pete Ham-Vocal(4,7,8,9,11b,11c,12,13,15b),Guitar(2-11;13-15),Back-up Vocal(2),Piano(12)
Tom Evans-Bass(2-15), Vocal(2,11d,15d),Back-up Vocal(3,4,7-10;11a,b,c,12-14)
Joe Molland-Vocal(3,5,6,10,11a,11c,14,15a,c),Back-up Vocal(2,8,9),Guitar(all,slide 8,9)
Mike Gibbins-Drums

Classic Badfinger did a series of shows at this famous venue all that week.
I'm hoping someone else might have and post some of the other shows.

the link:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/plldao

I sure love the music these guys made. Only survivor is Joey Molland who still performs out of Minnesota.

Included in the file are a stock photo of the venue I found and a band photo circa same year.

Enjoy

-Carollyner

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your welcome, buckeye63, JOSERENATO and mcapas.

Somewhere there must be tapes of the other shows from this week in 1972 at this famous venue. Many music business people attended these shows. Also some famous musicians popped in to hear and get a first hand look at this 'Badfinger'. Will they ever be found?
There have to be tapes in Europe from the bands early days before they were discovered, when the bands' bassist Ron Griffiths was a main part of group. (Ron by the way is alive and presently taking treatment for prostrate cancer over in the UK) Best wishes to him. He also was a main member of the The Iveys, which is what Badfinger called themselves before changing their name along around 1969. The Iveys played many gigs in England that may have been tape recorded in the mid-to-late 1960's. These would be a great find. Maybe some other Badfinger fan can come up with an idea to try to un-earth some of these. (perhaps an ad in an English paper?). Just wondering.
Only a few Badfinger fans seem to be tuned into this site. I'm thankful to have you join me in this interest. I sure would like to hear this band in the early days.
There is a Badfinger yahoo group called 'badfingerboogie' where once registered and accepted you can share recent Badfinger/Iveys info. And even leave well wishes for Ron Griffiths. Maybe some of you would want to do this. He was an important member of 'Badfinger' right up until the time the band made it big, when he married and got edged out of the band. Ron even recorded and appeared on Badfingers' first album, "Magic Christian Music". Only being credited on the songs he wrote as "Ron".
This Hollywood show was when the band was still under the impression that they were sure to make it big time. Famous and rich. They were churning out hit records and advancing musically. Alas, their crooked manager, Stan Polley, was stealing their money and lying to them. But at this time the boys were living and performing, inspired by their dreams.
Thanks again you Badfinger fans. Lets keep looking.

-Carollyner

·
Registered
352 Posts
OH FOO FOO FOO!!

this one is dead too!
the only badfinger I've run across live is one out of vancouver on a aussie site!

Drats twarted again!

Can someone please Re UP!!!!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK gypsymuse, I'll look for this to try and re-post.

We were offline for awhile due to needing a box replaced.

-Carolyner

·
Registered
352 Posts
Thankyou Carollyner

very much

Any Hopes for Laredo getting reupped?? that one is dead now too!
Oh and I put up history and pix for you for the Agora
Sorry Couldn't find any original Agora shots
which is Odd I know they have to exist!

·
Registered
362 Posts
yes i agree i saw a huge list of shows frim the U.K tour 1970 liverpool london so many i wish they would surface there is a minneapolis 72 that was taoed but i never see it either thanks for this one kick ass

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thank You so much for all the Badfinger shows you post. Very much appreciated. It is people like YOU who keep this great & under-rated band's spirit alive & thus bringing in more fans who may have either been too young or maybe not have even been born yet to hear their awesome music. I also love the RASPBERRIES, now there is another under-rated & under-appreciated band. Wish there were more Raspberries shows out there. Their 2005 & 2007 reunion shows were awesome!!!

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
thanks. i love this band. pete ham's vocals were always from the soul.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts