Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very hard to post here...

I've typed for an hour then had my message disappear without showing up on the site. Hope this gets taken.

Just trying to at least get the set list up for everybody.

1-Baby Blue
2-Better Days
3-Sweet Tuesday Morning
4-We're For The Dark
5-Feelin' Alright
6-Day After Day
7-Suitcase
8-No Matter What
9-I Can't Take It

Badfinger lovers enjoy,
-Carollyner

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yes!!! I was AT this show, believe it or not! At one time I HAD a tape I made
from wayyyyy, wayyyy out in the distant seats. It disappeared in a box of tapes sometime in the late 70s or early 80s. Is there any way I can get a lossless copy of this set (the Cactus & Faces sets would be nice too)??? Additionally, for what it's worth, I'd also like copies of a Joe Walsh & Michael Stanley Band show at Kent State University Memorial Gym in April (?) 1975 if they exist. Anyway the Badfinger find definitely made my day! Thank you, thank you!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very good, captainbogart.
Were at this show, wow. But no, I don't know of any lossless versions of this show, just the mp3's I found.

No knowledge of the Cactus portion or if anyone has it. And did the Faces come on before or after Badfinger? In any case I don't know of any recording of their show either.

I'm glad that people can re-discover Badfinger here with some of my posts. That's how I found this site, by looking for Badfinger Demos cd.

Must have had some good music in that box you lost many years ago.

Perhaps you could post your memories of that July day in 1972 for me. And who is that guy making announcements telling everybody to be happy about balloons?

I'm always happy to learn of a new Badfinger fan. I have posted several live shows here. My rapidshare account and I are having trouble uploading here and many of my sendspace links have gone dead. So I'm trying to figure it out so's I can re-post everything that's not current. If you tab 'badfinger' I think it takes you to the other shows.

Thanks for you interest.

-Carollyner

·
Registered
77 Posts
Whew...36+ years ago...I was 11 years old. My Mom took me with one of her friends. My Mom was a big Rod Stewart fan so it was easy to get her to take me to see Badfinger. I don't remember much. I have no recollection of the balloon part. I remember not being thrilled with BF playing a 10+ minute long song that wasn't even theirs! I had no idea until yesterday that Mike Gibbins wasn't there. I remember Cactus looking like a bunch of dirty, unshaved, 70s looking rock stars (I thought they were cool but didn't want to tell my Mom or her friend). After Cactus was Badfinger then Rod Stewart (there was a tape of that, too...oh, WHERE did those tapes go!!!!!????). The only other thing I remember was about 4 or 5 noisy guys sitting near us that were chain smoking these funny smelling cigarettes. I was wondering what they were and thinking I probably knew what they were but pretended not to notice. My Mom's friend confirmed my suspicion on the way home that night...I still pretended I didn't notice. If I had the tape we'd surely hear how loud they talking and laughing. That might have been my first concert (not counting Linda Ronstadt/James Taylor a year earlier...I just went with my parents out of curiosity and felt strange feelings for a 10 year old when I saw Linda...AHEM...).

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great story, captainbogart!

You know they have this Badfinger site, Tom Brennen's Badfinger Library, where in the list of all the shows they played, there's a link to type in your own concert memories. Yours is a doozy. You should post it there.

Your Mom sounds like a very cool lady.

In a stock photo of the Rubber Bowl in Akron, Oh. I think it's shaped like a horse-shoe, right?

Pretty good memory from an 11 year old. Especially with smoke decending.

As for your Joe Walsh request, I don't have any knowledge. But here at 'tars101 they have a section for requests where a much broader viewing will help your chances. And besides, you're supposed to.

If your're looking for more live Badfinger, click onto the tag at the bottom of this page. And glad to have another Badfinger fan around.

-Carollyner

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you, jimbo1 and kooda and mdmelec and captainbogart and BIG FAT JIMMY and svin and rabdalas and trtlrock and Supernaut and buckeye63 and jonesounds for your interest in Badfinger .

I just wanted to put out the word that if anyone comes across any Badfinger Live tape cassettes, let me know and I'll figure out a way to get them transfered to disc. Keep a look out.

Slightly different line-up of Badfinger for this concert:

Pete Ham-Guitar,Vocal
Tom Evans-Bass,Vocal, acoustic Guitar(3)
Joey Molland-Guitar,Vocal
Rob Stawinski-Drums
(Regular drummer, Mike Gibbins had quit the band but returned after this tour)

-Carollyner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts