Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, yeah, i feel like a mooch sittin here filing through all you guys' posts so i figured i'd put something that i did a few months back up...its just a chunk of an improvisation i recorded over a backing i found on the site.

Again, as with the last musical post i made...im but a wee beginner and im trying to learn how to make quality phrasing (im also of the ripe old age of 17, im sure every one of you can relate).

be gentle, i've only been playing for about a year a some change (at the time of recording), feedback/criticism is accepted, constructive or otherwise.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
hey...that's pretty good for someone playing such a short time...keep at it... :woot:

·
Registered
574 Posts
I like your style of playing! This tune was short but sweet.

The only thing I can find fault with is the quality of the recording. It's hard to get a good clear recording when you have to mic the amp and that sounds like what you had to do here. My only suggestion is to go get a little 50 buck two channel mixer to run the guitar directly into the computer. It's a great little investment!

Janell

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
My old ears must be getting worse, this one was a little too quiet to hear it well. :icon_redf

From what I could tell you have a very melodic touch on your leads and all the notes fit the backing track. Sounds like a good BT to jam along with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts