Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a tune dredged up from my past, but recorded with modern technology. I hate to say when I wrote this song, but if you notice a 70s or 80s vibe to it, that's just a coincidence. :notme: I tried out a couple of different recording tools on this for fun. Nothing fancy here, just a basic rocker: "You Are the One That I Need"

·
Registered
475 Posts
I like the sound to it, the singing could be better, but the guitar is awesome, I like that sound, and it's the kind I would have liked to wrote...

Short version: Great song.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ozzyman527 said:
... the singing could be better
I appreciate your candor. My vocals are performed mostly out of necessity. I don't like to listen to myself sing and I didn't spend a lot of time on this, partly because it was late and I couldn't get too carried away or my wife would have come to see what the ruckus was. :icon_nono

Actually, it would be great if someone (as in a better vocalist) was inspired enough to volunteer to sing this or any of my other songs. I can easily remix this as a backing track only. :mix:

Thanks Ozzyman, Sling and Supersonic. The Asia comparison is very flattering. I'll take that any day. :icon_thum

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
definatly an asia vibe here.. i liked the vocals, im sure they could of been better with more time but i think having them on here brought the tune to life... great job:icon_thum

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks G-Wiz, M4B & R-meen, you guys rock and I appreciate the comments.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts