Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys !!!

Got a problem that hopefully someone will be able to help me with. Ive downloaded the drivers etc form the Line 6 site but being the Tech Wizard that i am they were the wrong ones and alas it has caused conflict.The error message is Code error 05.Which means ive loaded the wrong shit !!! How can I fix it !!!??

HELP ME PLEEEEEEEEZE!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Can't help you mate. Had a poke around, and all I could find was a lot of disgruntled users complaining that the support for the Bass POD series is nowehere near as for the bog standard POD series.

After a bit more searching, I found another post from you on the line6 forum.

So I'm not doing anything that you have done already mate.

I'm coming from owning a PODxt and hence assuming everything would be easy to use and rollback, but apparently, it doesn't seem so ! :mad:

Sorry !!! I'll keep poking around though...

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Mond !!!

Aye ive seen that too and tried it. Im fooked if i know which soft button they are on about. I tried booting the thing up pressing every button there was. I was up till 2.30 am trying to sort it. Im knackered !!!! :drunk: :drunk:

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes i DL monkey 1st and then the drivers and it wouldnt allow me to DL the USB drivers etc. It kept saying that it didnt recognise the USB software which is strange ...anyway after much fooking about and much carlsberg i fooked it good and proper. Wah reckons that there is a guy from the US who is a Wizard with line 6 etc on this site???? Its doing my heed in !! Its enough to drive a man to drink.

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
There's quite a few dudes on here that are up on the Line6 range, although I dunno if it's all with regards to the guitar POD(pro) and PODxt(pro).

I'm pretty sure that stingx is well up on Line6 stuff. I know CanyonCarver has dealings with the company cuz they are local to him (I believe). Plus PODGOD seems to also know his tuff.

But like I say, if you think another pair of hands and another head might do the trick, then the offer's there mate...

:thumb:

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers Mate !!! You are indeed a fine man. Im just waiting for Line 6 to call me back with a solution hopefully. Ill keep you informed

Cheers!!!!!!:icon_thum

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Has anyone got any suggestions as Line 6 are not very helpful at the moment:ball:

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Geordie, have you tried looking for help on Andy Z's forum? ( http://www.instituteofnoise.com/forum/default.asp ) There are lots of guys over there who are experts in this stuff. Might be worth a shot:thumb:
Also, If you don't get any satisfaction out of Line 6, let them know it on their board. They hate that kind of publicity and usually a Line 6 tech jumps in with some advice right away.

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
Sorry i cannot offer a solution to your problem but i had a similar issue with my yamaha tone generator . I turned it on first thing in the morning expecting it to fire up and bingo i got this blank green screen . there was zippadee doo dah in the manual , it was just out of warranty and it was expensive to replace . I fiddled around with it , got nothing , in desperation i rang my local music store , they told me what i already knew , "youre better off buying a new unit matey" , so i put it away . Pissed off one day i removed all the fucking casing , pcb boards , the lot and put it back together , turned it on and nothing ! just a green screen . So then i got a little pissed of and started to push the on off button , on , off whilst holding down various buttons , this went on for some minutes when all of a sudden whilst powering up with the edit button deppressed i got this engineers service screen , it said hit enter to reset all to factory settings , so i did and bingo , back to normal . There was zilch in the manual about it which pissed me right off , i guess what im saying is keep on trying the buttons , you may fix it dont give up

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
POD GOD said:
Geordie, have you tried looking for help on Andy Z's forum? ( http://www.instituteofnoise.com/forum/default.asp ) There are lots of guys over there who are experts in this stuff. Might be worth a shot:thumb:
Also, If you don't get any satisfaction out of Line 6, let them know it on their board. They hate that kind of publicity and usually a Line 6 tech jumps in with some advice right away.
Hi PG !!
Thanks for the reply !!! Ive tried this site but it wont allow me to register. Ive e-mailed the guys and am still awaiting a reply. Any ideas??

Cheers!!

Geordie

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Praise be to the LORD GOD RONNIE !!!! Thanks guys for all your help and suggestions but..........i had a stroke of luck today.The Bass XT Pro is still under warranty !!!! YYYYYEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So the problem will be solved by the lovely guys at Line 6 in Northampton !!!!

I hope im not counting my chickens etc ????

Cheers Again !!!!:thumb:

:drunk:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts