Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang. This is my first post in this section. I was originally going to do The Munsters theme song, but my ideas for that one kind of surpassed my time frame for getting it posted by the deadline date, so I will have to finish that one up and post it later in the Covers section. But in lieu of that tune, I have gathered Robin, Alfred the Butler and Batman and jammed out this punkified version of the theme song to the classic 60s television program.

To the Bat Mobile, let's go!....

Attachments

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
KC, hahahahahahah that was awesome!!! ahahhaa dude that so rocked...very clever...loved the ending :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This kicked so much ass KC, just fckin killa job dude!!!:icon_thum :icon_thum :icon_thum :icon_thum

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WHOA! What a heart-warming response. Thanks all (StingX, VBKeith, Mike, Pyro, Khaos, Rain, TopShelfJimmy) for having a listen and leaving a few comments. I've been super busy this past month or two and this is the first recording I have posted in quite a while and I had forgotten how friendly and appreciative this community is. I hope to be around a lot more over the holidays as work slows down. Looking forward to getting busy with my guitar playing in 2005. It's gonna be a good year at G101.
:rock:

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
stingx said:
KC, hahahahahahah that was awesome!!! ahahhaa dude that so rocked...very clever...loved the ending :thumbup:
Glad you got a chuckle, StingX. I couldn't resist adding a slice of "cheese" to the mix by incorporating the original intro and outtro. :)

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
that rocked pal!!!! excellent entry! :thumb:

·
Registered
886 Posts
That was groovy. The playing was spot on but the overall mix was quitel low and muffled (might be my speakers though). It's great to hear from you though as you have been rather quiet lately. Keep them coming and I love your avatar.

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you very kindly M'bruthas (Goport, Phil, SlingShot, BonePicker). Such great musicians finding entertainment value in this recording is the ultimate compliment for me. I have checked out all of your entries as well for this month and all I can say is that i wish this was the theme next month too. Lots of room for creative interpretation.

:bowdown:

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks, Podicus Godicus. Nothing fancy here, just pouring some raw energy into a rather simple tune. But glad it fit your taste pallette. :) So, where is YOUR entry??? I would think you would get a big kick out of the theme this month. What song would you do if you had to choose?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I actually worked very hard to come up with something. I don't wanna say what it was cause I wanted to surprise a few. I wouldn't expect any votes with all the talent on this forum, but it would have been fun to do. Anyway, I have the guitar part down! I spent 2 days last week creating a midi for it so I could render the file to wav/mp3 using soundfonts and for some f*ck'n reason the midi crashes everytime. I tried SynthFont, FruityLoops and Cakewalk and they all crash. I think it may have something to do with the way I made the midi:dunno: but it really pissed me off. I'm still pretty new to making my own. I sent a copy to Khaos to see if he could do anything with it, but I think I'm shit outta luck. I think the deadline is tomorrow so I doubt I'll get something in :(

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh man, that blows big-time. How frustrating. I was having some similar problems lst night with some web design work I was trying to do. I would open the work document and make the necessary changes and then try to export and it would crash my program every time. Nothing is more frustrating to me than not being able to understand why something won't work. So, I feel your pain amigo. Can you give me some obscure hint as to what Movie/TV show your intended tune was going to be???

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Well, even if I told you, you probably wouldn't know it cause it has a Canadian flavor....that's all I'll say, lol. I may start the midi all over again and post it in the covers section when I get the time, but it's too late for the contest:(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts