Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
Wow!!
Was that a flanger for the modulated part??
Loved the "voice" you did....sinister feel.
And I have loved Lord of the Rings since I was a kid.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rid

Heya, thx for listening man! I'm not sure which part your're referring to (the whole piece constantly modulates :) ) However, after the main theme concludes, I killed the low/mid EQ on the rhythm and flanged it. If you're referring to the very end, I just used massive harmonization on my lead. Took forever too :). Oh yeah! I'm glad you heard the "voice", its supposed to be both the Wraiths and their steeds kind of talking to each other. Haha, didn't know if anyone would get that.

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
Hehe the first heavily modulated part sounded very flanged..alll that signal feeding back on its own..love that effect.
Yeah I dig your expressive clips...you really make that guitar talk.
Love it.
:music487::rock::icon_jam:

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
very cool and unique!!!!!:thumb:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Great song title; very appropriate for the piece. Extremely creative piece of work. Lots of great sounds, plus I love the tempo changes.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ksdb

I use muscle power. Heh, I hate using pedal harmonization (mainly because of the fact that playing harmonies is so much fun for me). Everytime you hear some crazy harmonization in my stuff, that usually means that I've laid down at least 8 tracks of guitar there. Mostly I just layer in octaves, 3rd's and 5ths. But I like to use 2nds a lot too.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I admire your discipline and determination. I was intrigued that perhaps you had found an electronic harmonizer that tracked flawlessly. However, props to you for the nice work.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Awesome Uln, just killa job dude!! :thumb: :thumb:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
This is by far the best thing you have done ulny!! Your production has come on in leaps man! I was trying to think why some of your tunes reminded me of the evil dead music and I think it must be the 2nd harmonies. Top stuff :thumb:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Goport-Thx man! Yeah, I've been really into production lately, actually, production is a relatively new thing for me. However, I think I've taken my crappy equipment as far as I can go production wise. If you have any links to good production sites or if you have any kind of production magic tricks tips please let me know.

Yeah, I also think this is one of the coolest things I've done, probably due to the fact that most of it came straight out of my head onto the guitar (instead of me laying down a chord progression and trying to think of somethinG to go over that). As I learn more and more guitar I find all kinds of strange crap coming into my head that I can make songs out of. Cosmic and cool.

Thx for the listen man!

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I liked this tune Ulnarian a lot, im not up on all the tec talk but i know it souded awesome and it pleased my ears :icon_thum :icon_thum

1 - 20 of 25 Posts