·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
643 Posts
Thanks!
I heard this show on the WLIR-FM back in the 80s. Great stuff, and the best version of Terminal Street ever. It clocks at about 10mins +

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you for posting this. I was at this show! I was an intern at WLIR while in college and used to get free tickets for many of the broadcast shows.

This concert was a triple bill. The opening act was a group called "Wiggy Bits" which featured two of the member of Barnaby Bye. Next came Be Bop Deluxe, and the headliner was Rory Gallagher! To confirm the Be Bop Deluxe and Rory played on the same night, you can see a listing of every one of his shows on this web site:
http://www.reurie.nl/timeline.htm
You will see he played at the Calderone Concert Hall on the same night.

Even after all these years, I remember this show as I was sitting front row center. Working at the radio station broadcasting the show tends to get you things like that!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wiggy Bits

Thank you for posting this. I was at this show! I was an intern at WLIR while in college and used to get free tickets for many of the broadcast shows.

This concert was a triple bill. The opening act was a group called "Wiggy Bits" which featured two of the member of Barnaby Bye. Next came Be Bop Deluxe, and the headliner was Rory Gallagher! To confirm the Be Bop Deluxe and Rory played on the same night, you can see a listing of every one of his shows on this web site:
http://www.reurie.nl/timeline.htm
You will see he played at the Calderone Concert Hall on the same night.

Even after all these years, I remember this show as I was sitting front row center. Working at the radio station broadcasting the show tends to get you things like that!
Wiggy Bits had Three members of the Illusion: Mike Maniscalco, Mike Ricciardella & Rich Cerniglia

Was the Wiggy Bits show recorded - broadcast?

Mike U

1 - 9 of 9 Posts