Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Dollar for Dollar the roland cube is a much better amp IM0 . The lil 10 watt marshalls really sound just like most of the other 10 watt small speaker amps.
Roland has pretty much refined the art of small amps with small speakers with the Cube series. Try them both out. From what i remember they are both about the same price. but IM0 the Roland wins hands down.
VGB

·
Registered
500 Posts
Riggs from Rob Zombie uses a MG100 Head.... :whistling

·
Registered
180 Posts
I use a crap squier amp for a practice, works fine. I use a ds-1 for distortion though cuz the disort sucks on the amp. If your using pedal effects I don't think it pays to have a great practice amp unless your main is too loud to play indoors.

G

·
Be careful thinking that 15 watts won't be loud. My practice amp is 1/2 watt and without an attenuator it'll make your ears ring.

Overall the little Roland is a great little amp. The advantage of this amp IMO is the excellent immitation of tube breakup. It has a big fat grind even at very low volumes.

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
You really should PM Lydian. He really knows all there is to know about everything musical. He's like a guru. He will prolly insist that you call him master but it's a small price to pay for all the doors that he will unlock for you. Don't be foolish...before you buy anything ask him or you'll be sorry.

He knows everything about everything, from aspirin to anal creme!

·
Banned
156 Posts
And then people wonder why i react. But you know what? I'll win this one by not reacting, because what you want is a reaction, and i won't give it to you. I won't give in to your provocation.

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
Stingx, that's uncalled for. This guy had a simple question and you completely hijacked his thread. Closing this, PM me off line if you want. Freeze, sorry about this man, feel free to start up another thread if you want.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.