Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reason for this question is that I can not find the answer in the PDF manual. Since the modeling is analog, I am not clear on these being retrievable without physcally twisting the knobs or pushing buttons.

I am thinking of buying this amp tomorrow and it would really help for me to understand this. I would be buying the Behringer MIDI floorboard with it.

Thanks!!!!!!

===========
-Keith

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Re: Behringer GMX212 - Can You Save Amp Modeling Settings and Retrieve via Midi Pedal?

I have no idea sorry...... but i own it and its a great amp for the price! One way of finding out would be to go to www.behringer.com and look at the manual for it. If it has no midi connection in the back, then the floorboard wont work with it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Behringer GMX212 - Can You Save Amp Modeling Settings and Retrieve via Midi Pedal?

OK, I went to Guitar Center and tried the GMX212 vs the Spider II 112. I found the tone of the Behringer was not as much to my liking as the Line 6.

Other things:

You can not retreive the Behringer's amp models via the midi floorboard. You CAN switch channels (there are 2 channels and they can be clean or dirty). In theory that should not be an issue but I like that the Line 6 CAN do it.

============
-Keith

·
Registered
4,017 Posts

I think about any Line 6 product with a shortboard can do what you want.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts

With the gmx212, it's a straight ahead rock amp where you can only have 2 sounds dialed in at one time. You can dial in alot of sounds with it, but if you need more than 2 sounds in a song......

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks VH. I found that you have to get at least a Flextone to have an effects loop. The Spider II is inadequate for more than practice with its sparse effects and lack of tweakability. That means for this particular price range, Line 6 wont do it for me...unless I get a PODxt and run it thru an amp. It seems to have all the effects I want/need, except a pitch transposer/harmonizer.

========
-Keith

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had the same issues with the Behringer GMX212. The fact that in this day and age you are stuck with two channels only is shortsighted. Behringer provide this fantastic FCB1010 floor controller and the amp models on the GMX212 cant be touched ?????? WTF is that about ?

Go for a Spider 212 and use the FCB1010 Behringer floor board. At least Spider give you four amp channels.

My £2 worth.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
The gmx212 has an effects loop, plus many other connections on the back panel. IMO things cant really get much better for the money you pay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts