Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Go to www.behringer.com and check out the stomp boxes they are going to release soon.

Then look at the prices............ 49 aussie dollars for a digital delay????? 39 dollars for a metal zone ripoff pedal???????

If these things actually sound decent (and i really hope they do), they'll turn the world of guitar effects on it's head. But going by the cheap looks of the boxes, they might be disappointing.

But it's still gonna be very interesting to see what happens.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Honestly....Behringer surprises me every time I buy something of theirs. By looks and price I don't expect much, but then it ALWAYS turns out really good. I love the V-amp, their mixers, moniters, and pre-amps are great...and they are ALL much much lower in price than their competition. They usually cut corners on things like materials (PLASTIC housing....that's one thing that bugs me....just have to be more careful with them), but the sound is usually really good. Of course, that being said....they'll probably be crap because now I'm expecting them to be good....

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
yup..they're getting a pretty diverse product line...their little analog modelling amps are awesome value for the cash...they compete with the tech 21 gear...for a fraction of the cost... :icon_cool

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the gmx212 and the v-amp 2 which both sound good.

If they can do these pedals right, they're gonna sell like crazy. It'd be a satisfying experience buying 4 or 5 stompboxes at once :lol:

·
Registered
733 Posts
everything ive tried out that said behringer on it is impressive and really affordable. its nice to have a new company that doesnt charge an arm and a leg for their name on a piece of equipment. :irk:

G

·
Behringer does seem to cut corners a little and they keep their costs down by copying products/technology instead of innovating it. The low research & development costs lower their prices, that being said, I've been impressed with every Behringer product I've bought. Most of their products that I've tried aren't quite as good as the products they're copying, but they are usually a much better value. Hopefully these effects sound good, I would definatly pick up a few of them.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The thing that got me about these was the price............ absolutely ridiculous prices. The distortions are 25 american.

Roland tried to sue behringer cos of the original colour schemes of the boxes (the boxes were the same colour as the boss pedals they were ripping off, and also had the same fonts). So behringer changed the colours and fonts of the boxes.

·
Registered
175 Posts
true, true.... Exept for the headsets.... Bought a behringer headset for 35$, and the sound was'nt worth more.........

G

·
I've heard mixed reviews on some of their other stuff too, especially their studio gear, like compressors, EQ, and mic preamps, but I'm not very good when it comes to recording and I haven't tried enough gear to really compare them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts