Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

"Best of Both Worlds" by VH

3K views 47 replies 30 participants last post by  CanyonCarver 
#1 · (Edited)
Working some songs out for my cover band, so heres some VH which i havent done is a while...hope you like it:bannana_g

Attachments

#2 ·
man, the tone was awesome. it seems everyone gets these amazings sounds here.

#7 ·
Jay that was killer man! Great tone. :mix:

#10 ·
axeshredder said:
hmmm...i better save this setting...thanks alot guys:rock:
Yeah Dude, save it on a disk and on the computer. I did a software upgrade on my gnx4 and lost every setting I had ever created. I didn't think the upgrade would erase anything. But, you never know what could happen. I would save it and write down all the settings too. This way you duplicate everything to the tee if you want to re-do or even edit part of it. Volume and eq settings too.

#12 ·
Wow Axe...that Flextone sounds fantastic! Have you ever tried a Vetta HD? It can do 2 amps at the same time, mixed center, panned L-R etc.....it's basically 2 POD XT's in a 300W stereo head. It's the perfect tool for a cover band IMO. You could put your entire setlist in it...song by song and have perfect sound on each tune. You just program each song, and the name of the tune comes up on the front display...so simple and easy to use in a live situation. I'd bet if you tried one, you would sell every amp and effects pedal you own within 6 months as I did. LOL They are about $2000 new, but I got mine on E-bay for $850 and added about $100 in custom mods.

Anyway this tune is nailed cold.....check it off the "to do list"....next!

BTW-If you need any BT's that you can't find....let me know and I make you one with my Boss DR-670.

#13 ·
VHfanOU812 said:
Wow Axe...that Flextone sounds fantastic! Have you ever tried a Vetta HD? It can do 2 amps at the same time, mixed center, panned L-R etc.....it's basically 2 POD XT's in a 300W stereo head. It's the perfect tool for a cover band IMO. You could put your entire setlist in it...song by song and have perfect sound on each tune. You just program each song, and the name of the tune comes up on the front display...so simple and easy to use in a live situation. I'd bet if you tried one, you would sell every amp and effects pedal you own within 6 months as I did. LOL They are about $2000 new, but I got mine on E-bay for $850 and added about $100 in custom mods.

Anyway this tune is nailed cold.....check it off the "to do list"....next!

BTW-If you need any BT's that you can't find....let me know and I make you one with my Boss DR-670.
well $2000 was way too much but i probaly would have liked it except i didnt know till i experimented with the flextone 3 4/ only 4 presets but efficient and easy to load up....now i know that the Vetta is probably the amp for me but its going to take a lottery win...or alot of gigs...but i just love this amp....as my JSX gathers dust....I bought a nice dust cover though...lol

as for my pedals, i still love em and through the jsx is just as sweet just takes alot of adjustments

i will be in touch about the backing trax and extremely appreciate your offer ThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanks

#16 ·
I know you love your JSX....I had a 5150II that I modded, retubed,and it was sounding really sweet.......as hard as it might be to part with you could easily sell the JSX and get enough $$ to buy a good used Vetta HD. I assure you it's a Flextone times 100. I personally have never regretted making the switch. I have even run across a few good deals on some broken tube heads for cheap that I know I could fix.....but I've passed becasue I know I just won't use them anymore.

I just wish you lived in TX so you could come over and test mine out for the afternoon!:D:D:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.