Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i really want to start playing guitar, i don't mind how long it takes because i have patience. I do not really have funds to afford lessons as i have other stuff going but am quite good at picking stuff up myself. So if there is any resources on the internet that could help it would grateful if you could point me in the right direction. I'm 14, i hope that isn't too late to start leaning. By the way i have two acoustic guitars, which i hope to learn how to use, then will purchase a better one later.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey, first off... its never too late to learn anything. I didn't pick up a guitar until i was 21 and now I've been playing about 2 years and it just keeps getting better.
best ways to learn on a budget that worked for me was a combination of things. for starters i suggest downloading GUITAR PRO from the internet (a torrent site or something like that, if you are on a budget). start by playing your favorite songs slowed down and gradually speed them up. the program is good for learning about music and also its helpful for composing. Also i suggest downloading some videos from the interent as well. I recommend michael angelo batio SPEED KILLS which is great for developing good right hand picking techniques (this is more for electric guitars though).
Finally a few things that I learned the hard way: PLAY SLOWLY at first, practice playing things by ear, and play with a metronome (guitar pro helps with this!)... good luck mate! just have fun with it!!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts