Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Yea Steve Stevens is back, and from what I hear he's kickin major ass! I gotta pick up this cd myself.

·
Lead Kazoo-ist
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steve Stevens is indeed in the line-up. Just curious, do you know the name of the tune their playing? If it's Rat Race, it is a KICKASS tune. He did a vh1 or mtv unplugged show a few years ago, and it was very well received. It looks like he incorporated a lot more clean and acoustic work into this album. Plastic Jesus, is one of those tunes and it's really incredible.

·
Lead Kazoo-ist
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I've always been a huge Idol fan.....I just listened to the clips from VH1 and am a bit dissapointed in the album overall. I only liked 4 tunes out of all of them. The rest of the songs were just slow and sappy to me and sounded like "filler" songs thrown together just to complete the album. I think he should have put more than 4 rockin' tunes on there.

·
Lead Kazoo-ist
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wouldn't go by the vh1 thing... the quality is horrible... plus they are playing 30 secs. that are intro's (before everything kicks in) or the lull's of a song. There is definitely more than 4 rockin songs on the album. The heaviest tune, is body snatcher and the clip on vh1 doesn't even begin to do that song justice. Unfotunately the only full track you can hear is "scream" on his site. It's good, but certainly not the best. I predict that he will get some nominations in the music community for this album.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts