Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres one our band Pumpjack recorded. Did a Rick Derringer lead break in the middle and on the ending.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
One of the GREAT rock guitar songs of all time. The vocalist sounds very much like the original singer. The guitars are excellent. The bass guitar, however, seems very transparent in the mix to me; I can hear it, but it doesn't feel like there's a lot of bottom end. The Derringer nods are a nice touch in the arrangement. Awesome cover!

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Killer track, Gas!!!:woot: Your band rocks!!! Love the Derringer-esque guitar parts :jam: ...been a fan of his since the '60's!!!

·
NURSERY RHYME KING
270 Posts
KILLER track Gas...LOVED it man..specially liked the Derringer stuff...was very very cool...:icon_thum :icon_thum :icon_thum

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Gas, this is absolute class. Tight, crisp and superb. total respect.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Goport said:
Gas, this is absolute class. Tight, crisp and superb. total respect.
couldnt have said it better :icon_thum awsome bro :icon_thum

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Wow Gas! Kick ass cover you and your band do! I like how you did this. Actually, I prefer hearing this over the original because I like your tone ,, it's heavier to me,, and sounds more rockin! Like how you did the Derringer mix in this! you guys rock,, that's for sure.! Hats off to ya for makin a kick ass cover with your band! :icon_thum :rock: :rock:

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
HOLY SHIT!!!!...THis was Fantastic!!!!...Rock on guys!!!!:icon_evil :icon_evil :icon_evil :icon_evil

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Man this flat out fkin rocks, killa tone, you guys did a fkin aweosme job!! :icon_thum :icon_thum :rock: :rock:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts