1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
hadnt heard this song in ages.....ya did a great job with it :icon_thum

·
NURSERY RHYME KING
270 Posts
NICE job Blues...not familiar with the song...but it ROCKED...so it must be good...HAHA...all kidding aside...KILLER JOB man...:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
you are going to have to get out doing some serious regular gigging mate. You have the gear, the songs, the talent and the voice to earn some serious money from clubs and pubs. You must have hundreds of backing tracks you can use.

this is class - I won't pretend I am over familiar with it but I do recognise it and it is brilliantly executed and performed. :thumb:

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks goport , thanks for your comments , i appreeciate it . i must say that i think im showing my age a little here , the last couple of tunes i have done were really popular years ago , and nobody here seems to of heard them before ! , dam i guess i will have to start listening to the dam radio again . heh heh ......:icon_thum

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
great version :)
just about remember it lol

steely dan wrote some damn good music, some of the bands of today seem to be copying parts of tracks written 20 odds years ago cos they cannot come up with something original

u got a listener here for the old stuff ;)

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
As you know I'm a HUGH Steely fan and you really did an (over the top) job on this man! X_L_ENT!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Can't Buy a Thrill was for me one of the greatest albums of all time. After that Steely Dan was kind of hit and miss for me. This is definitely one of the hits and your version is pretty amazing. I don't know that I've ever heard someone sing like Donald Fagen; throw in that you did the guitars too and this is even more impressive. Great job! BTW, your voice sounds similar to Joe Walsh too, maybe you could do Funk 49 or one of Joe's solo hits??

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Hey bro....there are plenty of us geezers who love and appreciate the old songs that you post!!!:icon_thum This is gr8!!!:bowdown: Keep 'em coming!!!:D

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
I know this tune!!! A most excellent job Bluesy!! Your voice is perfect!! The playing is stellar!!! If you don't mind, I think 5 stars are in order here (if they are not on here yet)!!! (probably 6 to be honest). I enjoyed this to bits!!!!! :rock:

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
bluesplayer said:
Thanks goport , thanks for your comments , i appreeciate it . i must say that i think im showing my age a little here , the last couple of tunes i have done were really popular years ago , and nobody here seems to of heard them before ! , dam i guess i will have to start listening to the dam radio again . heh heh ......:icon_thum
This is one of the greats from our era man, did you to all the vocals as well? Damn, I really love your tunes.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
OLD GEEZERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahaa

sgstd said:
Hey bro....there are plenty of us geezers who love and appreciate the old songs that you post!!!:icon_thum This is gr8!!!:bowdown: Keep 'em coming!!!:D

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
that was awesome !

great tune and you have the voice for sure !

cool leads also , i really enjyoed this great stuff !

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Superb. Don't know the song but know the 'Dan' vibe and this has it in huge amounts. Listened with headphones and the guitars are all over this track...lovely use of the stereo mix mate, excellent playing and great vocals. 'Nuf said! :bowdown:

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
Yes!!!
I love Steely Dan and that whole period!
Awesome playing and a great tune indeed!
Have not heard this in a very long time.
:afro:

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks guys for all your comments really appreciate it , at the moment im away staying with friends , and waiting for heavy snow . so many thanks :thumb:

·
Yeah, so what?
1,562 Posts
Very well done, sound, performance, mixing. Ahhh, I was just thinking of how would it be in a forum like this if we had internet 30 years ago, I want more of this stuff :thumb:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts