Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a go at this tune , i remember when this song first came out years ago , with that amazing video , i instantly liked it , great band .

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Whohooo this kicked much ass, killa job!!!!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
really good clear production and playing. Is that you doing the vox too? If so this is really one of the better songs I have heard here. Excellent work BP!

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes its me on vocals , i personally found this song very hard to do , this vocal line is lowish , but he has such an amazing phrasing technique , and one of the chords was a big stretch for me , im sure this was done in some sort of special tuning , but i couldnt figure it out .

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
BP -The guitars are tuned down yeah? So I am guessing it was the Fsus4/F5 thing? I think it was done using standard interval tuning. those horrible chord shapes are a favourite of Andy Summers (The Police) and Lifeson. Not nice to play and can cause all sorts of problems with tendonitis.

However you really nailed this and the tones are brilliant. How did you get the leslie effect on the melody guitar part?

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used to use a leslie simulator in Cubase ver 5 rev 6 , but i had to reboot xp last week and i could not find the correct version , so i used a cubase plug in called Chopper , added some heavy chorus , and echo . That chord were talking about is E open , D fifth fret , E third string second fret , B fourth string , fourth fret .on the tune it sounds like im doing it ok , but believe me i i couldnt get the strings to ring true no matter what i did ! , all credit to soundgarden , and thanks for your comments , i appreciate everthing you guys have to say !

·
Registered
886 Posts
arty, that was too close to the original. Loved the guitar sound and playing was quality. Great vocals too. Better solo than the original IMO

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Bluesy: Awesome..awesome...awesome!!!!
Blew my mind with this!!

·
Registered
886 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
TongueNGroove said:
This is awesome dude. I love this song. You did a great job on it. I forget the guys name that sings this, but that sucker can whale.

[/ QUOTE ]

The singer was Chris Cornell. Now in a band called Audioslave with Tom Morello (RATM) on guitar.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Soundgarden was a great band. I used to play this one quite a bit when it came out (like most Soundgarden stuff, it's in Dropped D tuning). Great job bluesplayer. You're stuff is always top notch

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
This is a favorite song of mine!!...You did a great job on this bluesy!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.