Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again.
Thought I'd post this one. It's me playing with a band that my dad used to play with in the 70s. Just a for fun cover band.

They "reunited" sometime in the 90s and started playing again, and 1999 I started playing with them.
This band never practises, and plays like 3-4 gigs a year. Sometimes more, sometimes less.
It's just a bunch of happy amateurs playing some covers at parties now and then. Right now there are 9 people in the band. 6 of them in their 50s, 3 of us in our 20s. The other two in their 20s are the daughters of other band members.

I'll be honest and say its a pretty crappy band, but we have fun when we play, and thats what matters.

Anyway, we've recorded a few songs, and this is a version of black magic woman we did in 2003, I think.
It's all in one take, played live, not infront of an audience tho.
My dad's playing the intro solo and fills, and singing backup during the last line of the song. I'm playing the middle solo.

Oh look how much I wrote! :sssh: Just enjoy the song! :toothless

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
That is a pretty interesting rendition of that song. It is almost like that style of music you find on soundtracks like natural born killers...not sure what you call that kind of music but I like it. Your solo wasn't as good as your newer stuff...was a little over done but sounded good. I think your more recent solos you have put up here are more musical and show improvement from this one.

Anyway, neat. Which one is your dad in the photo?

·
Registered
442 Posts
nice live recording :dance: your solo is nice too id like to hear more of this band with you in it :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts