Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the unreleased Penelope Spheeris documentary following the 1999 Ozzfest. Here is all the info I could find about this flick featuring the original Black Sabbath lineup:

Director Penelope Spheeris offered a witty and insightful look at the 1980s metal scene in her documentary The Decline of Western Civilization 2: The Metal Years, and now she examines the state of metal at the end of the century as she documents the 1999 edition of Ozzy Osbourne's annual touring road show, the Ozzfest.

Perennially headlined by Ozzy and a reunited lineup of his pioneering metal group Black Sabbath, Ozzfest is a traveling festival that brings together a handful of the leading hard rock acts of the day, and despite waning media attention paid to heavy metal, Ozzfest has proven to be one of the biggest grossing attractions on the arena circuit since debuting in 1994. We Sold Our Souls for Rock 'n' Roll offers performances by Ozzy and Black Sabbath, as well as fellow Ozzfest performers Rob Zombie, Slipknot, Slayer, Primus, System of a Down, Godsmack, and Fear Factory. Spheeris talks to the performers and behind-the-scenes figures who travel with the festival (including Sharon Osbourne, Ozzy's wife and manager), as well as the fans who come to drink, mosh, and raise havoc. Spheeris also briefly allows a group of born-again Christians protesting the show a chance to air their views on the spectacle.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2FESEMXC
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AH6MPPN3
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MVMEJ1DT
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=53BLDTGB
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y5LX83CG
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PPOT5DJU
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=96EK3D5K
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BT5JTB8R

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All the more reason to leave it up. People want it and she is being a real bitch about it being released. I mean Ozzy owns the rights to all of his music so every bootleg posted here is technically a copyright infringement anyway and there are tons of his other shows up here. I have posted this on another website and somoeone downloads it every day so it is pretty stupid to leave something in limbo that people really, REALLY want.

But if the powers that be really are too nervous just tell them to go ahead and delete it, but it still is a bootleg!!

·
Registered
490 Posts
I agree with geezer. Leave it up, Sharon is a bitch. I am more interested in actual shows than documentaries though.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boy, you just do not get it. They own the rights to EVERYTHING by Ozzy posted on this website so any Ozzy post opens up this website to a lawsuit!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really do not understand mr. aikwolf's problem when someone just posted the Led Zeppelin Knebworth 1979 dvd knowing that Jimmy Page just sued someone last year for selling bootlegs in Scotland. Plus part of that show was also released on that 2 dvd boxset a few years back. Why is it that can be listed and no one is bothering that posting which actually does violate the Zep copyright, but I am getting so much flac for this posting??

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is the info from the actual copyright website so if anyone wants to learn what a copyright is and what it does go to: http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/

and you will see that just about every single post on this website opens up the possibility of a lawsuit from whoever owns the copyright not just to one specific song or live show but the entire body of work from any band.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
posted on an invizion board..wow! let me guess the Buttlick Brotherhood run it? :24:

and now you are a Copyright lawyer too huh?

what I have stated is:
The Osbournes own the rights to this movie, even though it may be unreleased, which I am not entirely certain of since I have found a site that says it is released, (NY Time) and it may not be in the best interest of this site to host such a video.
I know the Brotherhood care not what they share, they have plastered official stuff all over these pages, so by saying no one there cares there to make a point is one of the funniest things I have even seen
Well if you bothered to read on the US copyright Office website link I provided, it clearly states that if you want to sue someone over a copyright infringement you HAVE to register with the website and from the searching I did I see no copyright for this movie. Yes they own it but unless it is registered on with the copyright office they cannot sue.

One does not need to be a lawyer only read the information provided on the website which you obviously did NOT read. But then why is the Zeppelin Knebworth shows allowed on this site when they are notorious for suing over there copyrights? Why don't you answer that? That actually does infringe on the copyright since part of one of those shows is officially released?

AND WHAT MAKES YOU SO KNOWLEGEABLE ABOUT COPYRIGHTS? YOU OBVIOUSLY ARE JUST TALKING OUT OF YOUR ASS WITH NO REAL INFORMATION. YOU JUST SEEM TO LIKE MAKING MY LIFE MORE DIFFICULT WHEN I AM JUST TRYING TO SHARE SOME RARE STUFF WITH OTHERS!!

WHY DON'T YOU HARASS ASSO FOR POSTING THE ZEP SHOW KNOWING IT VIOLATES THE ZEP COPYRIGHT???

·
Registered
886 Posts
hey i havent downloaded it,but wonder is thier sabbath footage or is it all cut-up and
clips of different bands?? was looking for sabbath full songs is there, any here??

·
Registered
6 Posts
wow such hostility over a movie I saw at the Sundance festival and know for certain will be released very soon, the court case is almost settled and then it's gonna be released in it beautiful glory, not this avi compressed stuff... why do you allow such garbage compression methods here anyway?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey i havent downloaded it,but wonder is thier sabbath footage or is it all cut-up and
clips of different bands?? was looking for sabbath full songs is there, any here??
No full songs really it is clips of all the different bands from the 99 Ozzfest. This is the only version of this that I have found and I have been looking for it since the 99 Ozzfest.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wow such hostility over a movie I saw at the Sundance festival and know for certain will be released very soon, the court case is almost settled and then it's gonna be released in it beautiful glory, not this avi compressed stuff... why do you allow such garbage compression methods here anyway?
Mainly because that is how it came to me. If you can find a better version than let me know but I have only ever found this copy and I have been looking since the 99 Ozzfest. Sorry bout the hostility but when it is finally released THEN remove it but let people at least enjoy it while it is here because I really cannot find it ANYWHERE!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lets see here approx 719MB files, which could have been upped as a single mega file for even free users to DL, yet it's in 95MB chunks, just the limit on a file that mega will give you brownie points for dl's of your files to be used to get a free premium account there, looks like someone is profiting from this one
Profiting? You really have no grasp on reality there. You really need to go out and get laid to take off some of dat tension. I realize now you are just a miserable person, I did not put this here for me I already can enjoy it, I put this here for others to enjoy so if you want to be a little narc bitch and run and tell on me go ahead. I do not see how you think I am making any money on this but my god get a hold of yourself and let people enjoy something they cannot find anywhere else. Once it is realsed THEN remove it. Until then somke a fat one and chill out!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes, getting something for free off of anothers copyrighted material is profiting, if you would have say made them 96 MB chunks no brownie points towards your freebie..

also I am married so in reality I have no use for sex anymore, that's just the way it is

I will not be telling anyone anything about this, I know from experience that these links will be found by the right folks and they ( the people who own the rights) will have them deleted at Mega..

have a nice day waker
Well if you are so concered about being sued you still have not even responed to my question, why not get on the people who have posted the Zep Knewborth?? Why don't you respond to the fact that other people ARE actually violating copyrights with those Zep vids and are opening up this site to a huge lawsuit from Jimmy Page? Why are you on my case so much about something that may or might happen from Ozzy but do not seem to care so much about an actual violation from someone KNOWN for suing. Why are you bugging me so much?
You just have to be the most miserable person in the world, first you get on me about the copyright and when I present you with actual facts you switch tactics and make up some bs in your head just to keep proding me.
Also the Zep vids are the same listings as mine, 100 mb files listed in 39 parts broken down with Winrar just like I did and listed on free megaupload just like mine. You really need mental help dude!!

Unlike you I am not looking for brownie points, I am just trying to share a rare video with this site. If you do not want it fine but you do not need to be such an asshole! I bet you this will be up here for a loooong time because no one but you seems to care. YOU are the only negative comment so far, dickhead!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yes, getting something for free off of anothers copyrighted material is profiting, if you would have say made them 96 MB chunks no brownie points towards your freebie..

also I am married so in reality I have no use for sex anymore, that's just the way it is

I will not be telling anyone anything about this, I know from experience that these links will be found by the right folks and they ( the people who own the rights) will have them deleted at Mega..

have a nice day waker
And yes you DO need to get laid!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts