Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi again!

Thanks again for all the great comments when I posted Winter & the Nhym. Its fantastic to get so many listens and feedback! :thumb:

So, as promised, here is the second installment of W&TN - Trials.

Not sure why I split the whole into two, but the two halves contrasted so much I thought it fitting.

Hope you enjoy this one! And thanks again! :thumb:

:dance: Go Bannana! GO! :dance:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Damn dude,

I've now got slightly higher res versions of both this and WatN. Stoked.

Killer tunage man. You the king of harmonies man. Loving it.

EDIT: Almost forgot :dance: :D

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
some excellent licks, phrases and feeling on this dude :)

2 minor gripes:-
wasnt long enuff ;)
seemed to have an overall hissin sound on the main part of the song from 1:00 +

would like to hear more stuff of yours :)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
This is a nice piece too. I like the contrast in styles from part I to part II. I made a comment about the lead guitar being to low in part I. I'm getting a sense that part II might have a little too much compression?? It's hard to explain, but the sound is sort of two-dimensional, but I can't put my finger on it. Even though the lead guitar is more distinct in the second mix, it feels like it could be boosted some more. Also, your song fades out very abruptly; does this mean there's a Part III. If so, post it very, very soon.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys!

I played on the neck pickup for most of this tune. Being the std single coil on my HM strat... they are noisy as all hell! :thumbsdow LOL.

Funily enough, I didnt use much compression on this at all. It was DI'ed through my BOSS GT-3 into my sound card and recorded with cubase SX.

ozzy I've been playing for nearly 20 years. Since I was 10. I didnt really start taking it seriously until I was about 15 or so though... So maybe 15 years of serious playing. :D

Thanks again for the listens people!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Blister said:
Thanks guys!

I played on the neck pickup for most of this tune. Being the std single coil on my HM strat... they are noisy as all hell! :thumbsdow LOL.

Funily enough, I didnt use much compression on this at all. It was DI'ed through my BOSS GT-3 into my sound card and recorded with cubase SX.

ozzy I've been playing for nearly 20 years. Since I was 10. I didnt really start taking it seriously until I was about 15 or so though... So maybe 15 years of serious playing. :D

Thanks again for the listens people!
Heh, beats my year of playing :p
:dance:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts