·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rare Blue Oyster Cult

Hi......do you know if this is an awesome recording? also, do you know if there any concert with either; "Celestial the Queen" or "Goin through the Motions"? Thanx, steve [email protected]
01 Intro
02 E.T.I. (Extraterrestrial Intelligence)
03 Veteran of the Psychic Wars
04 7 Screaming Dizbusters (15 minute epic !)
05 Joan Crawford
06 Burnin' for You
07 Godzilla
08 (Don't Fear) The Reaper

http://cid-e5e1764ca22dfe48.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/BÖC/BBC Rock Hour 1981[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2 Posts
B.O.C. rarities

Hi, Would you say the B.O.C. recording is great from 1981?

do you know if there are any live recordings of "In Thee" , "Goin Through The Motions" or "Celestial the Queen"?

Thanx, steve [email protected]

·
Registered
644 Posts
Thanks. I remember there being a lot of radio concerts with BOC back in '81: Levittown Spit (as Soft White Underbelly), Bonds NYC, Reseda, and New Haven but not this one.

·
Registered
644 Posts
HELP!!!
How do you open these files? Each file is named the same: BBC Rock Hour 1981.zip When I try to open them, I get the following error message: Error: This is the first disc in a back up set, pleae insert the last disc of this set.

THANKS

·
Registered
543 Posts
many thanks for sharing this

3 separate files to download for 8 songs ? No thank you !
Can you believe it! What a rip off! I remember when all you had to do was drop down twenty or thirty dollars to buy a bootleg to get this kind of stuff. How I miss those good old days....:lmao:

·
Registered
699 Posts
Don't mean to sound unappreciative Uncle, but 115mb in 3 separate files. The even bigger question remains - has anybody been able to open the files ?

·
Registered
212 Posts
If the date is correct, this is the Sprinfield Mass Civic Center on tour as opening act for Foghat. This is also after they sacked Al.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't mean to sound unappreciative Uncle, but 115mb in 3 separate files. The even bigger question remains - has anybody been able to open the files ?
7-zip will extract them. However, make sure they have the original .001, .002 etc extensions. Occasionally Firefox adds an extraneous underscore to the end of the filename.

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
You guys sound like a buncha whiny complainers?

How about showing a little appreciation for the folks who take time to tape the shows and those gracious enough to share? No one held a gun and said ok you must d/l "three parts" for a file? Fuck I have d/l sometimes 100 parts... who cares ... it's a personal choice of who wants what. Patience is lacking apparently. This ain't the "I tunes" store?

Regarding how to open the file ... if you guys would take a little initiative you'd search for your own answers before complaining here.

Please search the following site www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/
The program (which is free) (HJSPLIT) will allow you to join the parts of this download and other similar split files.

There is nothing wrong with this file, it opens fine.

Everyone is new to some of these things and processes sometimes, but theres nothing wrong with politely asking for help rather than complaining about the posters.

I have a lotta respect for the long timers here. The ratio of thankers to those who come and grab with no appreciation is about 1000 to 1 in a bad way.

Come on peeps it takes about 2 seconds to say a word of thanks

I don't mean any disrespect to anyone on the board, just sharing a little friendly opinion.. if you disagree then thats ok by me and your right.

Rock on and can we all live in peace? Thanks to all the tapers of the world, for without you we wouldn't have all these great pieces of history.

:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

·
Registered
699 Posts
Thank you very much rutabagamon for your prompt reply on how to open the files ! Great sound quality - my appreciation for the chance to hear this,after my little grumble earlier !

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
Hey Catley ... glad you were able to enjoy the show .. sorry if I ramble too much .. me and Jimmy Buffet were looking for that lost shaker of salt and havinh way too many margaritas

Thanks again rutabagamon for sharing a piece of classic BOC history.. has anyone caught them on 2009 tour or have a couple shows from then?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Catley ... glad you were able to enjoy the show .. sorry if I ramble too much .. me and Jimmy Buffet were looking for that lost shaker of salt and havinh way too many margaritas

Thanks again rutabagamon for sharing a piece of classic BOC history.. has anyone caught them on 2009 tour or have a couple shows from then?
If you browse up a couple levels from the files in this post, there's
Columbus OH 2009-08-01 (not zipped). I'll try to add some more shows
from 2009.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you very much rutabagamon for your prompt reply on how to open the files ! Great sound quality - my appreciation for the chance to hear this,after my little grumble earlier !
No worries, glad you enjoyed it. That file host is browseable, so go up to the BOC folder for a whole slew of other shows, some zipped, some individual mp3's.

ru

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
Damnit.. My brain must have been dead... rutabagamon I totally didn't even realize you had made all these shows available in your folder.. I thought it was just the one from 1981...quite a collection in your folders..

Most certainly will browse away through all your hard work.. Many thanks for your generosity and time in making these available for others to enjoy

Rock on my Godzilla poster and Don't fear the Reaper The "Buck" Dharma is a kick ass guitarist

THANKS !!!!!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Thanks for the upload. I still am having trouble unzipping the file even using hjsplit, but what a motherlode of BOC shows, from the early 70s all the way to the present, Wow! Thanks for making all that available.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the upload. I still am having trouble unzipping the file even using hjsplit, but what a motherlode of BOC shows, from the early 70s all the way to the present, Wow! Thanks for making all that available.
One thing to check is that the filenames still have the original extensions.
Sometimes Firefox will add an underscore to filenames that have spaces in them, so you end up with ".001_" instead of .001.

ru

1 - 20 of 22 Posts