Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is an improvisation on a backing track I found in the BT forum a few weeks ago...
I've just recorded it with my new SM57 and I hope you'll enjoyed it (that's my first post with a mp3 here) :chucks:

Attachments

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Jiggz the tone and the feel you captured is amazing. Just real purty guitar playing. I REALLY enjoyed listening to this. Wow...what a debut post.

I have to ask, what amp are you mic'ing up? Also, what guitar did you use to record this? I just love that tone. :thumb:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all these kind words :)
my amp is a Peavey Bandit 112 (usa), and my guitar is a mexican fat strat. I also used a TS9dx for the distortion
I will post a composition in a few days (weeks?) in this forum (I'm better in songwriting ;) )

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sweet playing Dude....Cool tone you got going there....at times it swear I heard a trumpit instead of your guitar. Very nice job on a great BT.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
micoyote1 said:
at times it swear I heard a trumpit instead of your guitar.
Wow I didn't know my gear was so multi-purpose! you mean I could play some Miles Davis' tunes with my guitar? :icon_cool

·
Registered
125 Posts
Jiggz......

I am trying to find a Miles Davis backing track....you up for it??????

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
CanyonCarver said:
Sweet phrasing and tone.
Which guitar are you using for this? I like your touch and your style.
One of the best work I've heard on this board. :thumb:
Thanks a lot ;)
my guitar is mexican fat strat + TB5

micoyote1 said:
Jiggz......

I am trying to find a Miles Davis backing track....you up for it??????
Hmm sorry I didn't understand what you said... :icon_roll You're asking me if I got a Miles Davis BT or you'd like that I jam on a miles davis BT ??

·
Registered
125 Posts
JiggZ said:
Wow I didn't know my gear was so multi-purpose! you mean I could play some Miles Davis' tunes with my guitar? :icon_cool
I was trying to find a Miles Davis BT that you could use that tone over .....thought it might be kind of cool to here. Just woundering if you were up to putting some thing of the BT if I could find one?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes sure I would be glad to jam on a Miles Davis BT or other "cool" jazz tunes. By the way I've just got a great Blue Bossa BT and I'm gonna play some notes on it... :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
JiggZ said:
Yes sure I would be glad to jam on a Miles Davis BT or other "cool" jazz tunes. By the way I've just got a great Blue Bossa BT and I'm gonna play some notes on it... :)
Dude that would be awsome...can't wait to here it....If ya don't mind postint the BT when your done I would like to give it a crack...probibly won't sound near as good as yours, but i think it still would be cool to tinker with.

I am still looking for a good Miles Davis track...hard to find...maybe I can get some thing close....What are you using to get that tone? it rocks man.....:rock:

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
If you search by name in the jam backing tracks, I think they have So What, I'm not sure how close it is to Miles' version, but might be worth checking out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts