Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got the final mix done on my cover of Born To Be Wild. Put the slow fade out in the end - dialed the levels back a wee bit for clairity. I think I may have finaled it with a preset even . .

In the spirit of Steppenwolf I played the solo with a slide too. I saw them play on PBS recently and thats what the dude was using. More trippy that way I guess. .

:icon_peac

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
your slide playing is excellent mate. it definately sounds more like the finished areticle than the last time I heard it. I love the ending too! :thumb: Great version (Don't remember the guns bit in the original though ;) )

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Some great slide playing there PJ. John Kay is a great slide player, and when they got back together, he took over lead duties, and plays a lot of slide. I prefer the original lyrics, a little more hippy dippy, love and flowers, but hey, that's just me, cool job.:thumb:

·
I GARAWWWNTEE!!!!!
1,810 Posts
Wow...very original take on this.... was'nt real sure about that flangy delay thing on what I imagine was supposed to be the keyboard rythym parts :wtf: , but after another listen, it fits in pretty well..... well done!:thumb:

·
Musician
450 Posts
man, that was really good. i thought the production of it was great. nice vocals too.

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Nice production here Pj! Always liked Steppenwolf since i grew up on listening to their stuff. your slide playing really stuck out to me more so than anything in this track.. Dam nice tone and playing of that slide!!!! Vocals were really good also. Nice job again man! Now it's time for you to take a "Magic Carpet Ride" with this one my friend!:rock: :rock:

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Damn that's some sweet distortion on the guitar!! I remember this one and love it even more now...(is this the tune you said you did vocals to in a car..?) The slide is supreme playing!! Excellent!! So that mixed with the sweet tone...it's just killer!! Outstanding job man.
:rock: :rock:

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for listening to my music everyone :D

It means a lot.

Sorry about changing the words to the origional there a "wee" bit. Just havin' a little old "Iron Range" fun is all. . Yeah I did sing it in my car Mr. Fingers, thanks for remembering bro.
Nice ears JPF. I controlled the speed of the phaser with the pedal - assigned the speed param to the pedal travel. (GNX1) Like a keyboard player would with thier vibrato speed slider. Except I used my foot.

·
I'm getting signals!
1,103 Posts
I hadn't joined when you posted this...Excellent Version PJ..great slide, great vox, great recording...and IMO your lyrics are better! :thumb:

This is going in my MP3 player

·
Registered
442 Posts
nice job!....trippy is always good to me.....i use to play this live and use alot of echo on the lead . i like the phaser it works because of not having the organ in its place

:thumb:

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
psymetal said:
nice job!....trippy is always good to me.....i use to play this live and use alot of echo on the lead . i like the phaser it works because of not having the organ in its place

:thumb:
Exactly why I used it Psy good ear on that one bro - a lot of keyboards seem to have phaser "like" effects on them a lot of the time.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I had to listen to this, it's been a while since ive heard it. Nice job. Glad you had fun with the lyrics dude, they are definately original.:thumb::thumb:

·
Yeah, so what?
1,562 Posts
I remember listening to the first one, grabbed it as a BT, it already sounded awesome, and now Hail to this one:beerbang: Man, it sure is a head banger! I loved the raw tone on the guitar Great job!

·
Registered
442 Posts
hey peejay i liked this one the second time around as well:icon_peac
oh ....and hows it going neighbor?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts