1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm probably gonna be hated for my post, but I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about. I don't mean it doesn't sound really good, it does, but I just can't justify the price these things are going for. For the money, I'd rather get a DD-3 (or even an older DD-2) and another pedal or two with the change from the difference. I'm not a big fan of digital delays, but I find the difference quite minimal depending on what exactly you're using it for. If it's something that you'll have on all the time, then analog for sure, because it is more organic sounding. But if you using only to enhance this part here, or for that solo there, then I don't think they're worth it. Just my 2 cents. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your input...i too have a dd-3 so i will compare em when i recieve it...honestly i didntcare till i saw Joe Satriani's Settup...he has a great ear for tone...definately better than mine so i might as well try it

Attachments

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Hey Joe. not a bad deal man. The 2 chorus pedals we usually get between 30 and 50 bucks used. The Super OD runs about $30.00 used. The last DM-2 left the shop for about $125.00 in great shape.

I've never seen one go for over that but were in a different market here. IMO as long as its what your looking for.... its worth whatever you paid.
Just post a clip with it in line. Looking forward to hearing ya.
Keith
VGB

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks VB...i did watch these dm2's for a couple of weeks now and i think i paid a fair price considering the condition is very very good. I will put to gether a comparison so you guys can hear the difference between the dd3 and the dm1. Thanks VB for your comment. Ive been nervous about this purchase but i will use it well and has some collector value which is cool, as you know VB:rock:

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just recieved the DM2 and right away i hear the difference....rounder sound ...has more tone to the delay...in comparison to digital, digital is thinner...analog has a fatter delay tone...im happy so far....more testing and resu;ts to come soon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.