Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've had the DR880 for a couple months and I love it. I can't believe the guitar effects plugging straight into it, it's amazing. If you haven't heard this thing yet, check out Rolands site at Roland US
I have literally been using this thing direct to record, with no effects, preamp, etc. and it is awesome. Later

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
threw a track down in a hurry for example

I threw 2 tracks on this backing track to let you hear the DR880 guitar effects. These are 1 shot tracks with no finishing on them. I went straight thru my DR880, to my 8 track mixer, to my PC, with no effects other than those in the rhythm machine. Sorry the guitar is not the greatest, but it's been a long day................. :bannana_g

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, I was thinking of upgrading my recording gear. Currently, I record using the BOSS GT8 Multi Effects Processor through it's Digital Out. I didn't have a Sound Card specifically made for recording nor was I willing to go through the trouble of installing one, so I got the Lexicon Omega Recording Interface which has a Digital In and can connect to the Computer by USB. Since I can only record Guitar, I became very interested in recording Bass and Drums in order to complete my songs.

I've done some research on the DR880 and felt that this is what I'm exactly looking for. Although I did some research, I couldn't find some of the answers to my questions. How do you record Guitar, Bass and Drums by means of connections to the Computer? I already know about the built in GT6 Multi Effects Processor, the Instrument Input for the Guitar and Bass, and that there's a patch for the Guitar to sound like a Bass. Can the DR880 act like a USB Recording Interface? Or do you have to record through other means like MIDI and Digital Out along with a USB Recording Interface?

·
Registered
157 Posts
im using the 1/4 outs to a korg d16 recorder and the headphone out to a guitar port.you just need software and some kind of usb or firewire input or spdif.if i had spdif i would use that.i geuss you could plug in to the computer with a 1/4 to 1/8 inch adapter.i thought about selling the dr-880 im going to hold on to it because it does sound awesome.everything i foolishly sell i have to rebuy for alot more

·
Registered
151 Posts
I love my DR-880, but the learning curve was pretty brutal. Currently, I have the outs to my firewire mixer and a midi cable to use the voices or the midi to control the voices in my computer software.
One feature that I wasn't expecting is the bass. I'm can do impromptu jams in any key with this thing. It's great for practicing and keeping the jam chops fresh. As far as the samples go, I prefer EZ Drummer's. JMHO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.