Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
BOSTON
March 20 1977
Selland Arena
Fresno CA
Soundboard. Quality a "B/B+ considering it was taped in 77"
(Page 3 of this thread contains some artwork I made for this show.)

Lineup
BRAD DELP - Lead Vocals, Guitar
TOM SCHOLZ - Guitar, Organ
BARRY GOUDREAU - Guitar
FRAN SHEEHAN - Bass
SIB HASHIAN - Drums

TRACKS -
01- INTRODUCTION
02- ROCK & ROLL BAND
03- HELP ME TO FORGET
04- MORE THAN A FEELING
05- PEACE OF MIND
06- SOMETHING ABOUT YOU
07- A MAN I'LL NEVER BE
08- SMOKIN'
09- GUITAR SOLO
10- THIS TIME
11- FOREPLAY/LONGTIME
12- TELEVISION POLITICIAN
13- DON'T BE AFRAID

MysticHealer reminded me that I had a couple of Boston boots I can share here when he posted his so here's one for everybody to listen to since we don't see alot of Boston boots on here typically. Going to try a new one in easy-sharing.com for this one. When the page loads just scroll down the page a bit and the download link is in the bottom middle of the page. (No goofy putting in a code or anything) Recorded a day after the famous 77' King Biscuit recording in Long Beach. Now I need to find some more Journey & Soul SirkUS to slap up here..... Enjoy! :thumb:

Link:
http://www.easy-sharing.com/625677.html

·
Registered
161 Posts
In 1978 me and a buddy cut the second half of a double session H.S.football practice to go to a Boston concert. The next day the coach found out and made us run till we puked.:throwup: It was worth it! Young and stupid ,those were the days . :thumb:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Jesse Rides said:
In 1978 me and a buddy cut the second half of a double session H.S.football practice to go to a Boston concert. The next day the coach found out and made us run till we puked.:throwup: It was worth it! Young and stupid ,those were the days . :thumb:

:devilchil :lol: :rock: :biggrin: :24: :bannana_g :clap: :jam: Excellent.

Great post gqdaddy by the way.:thumb:

Chris.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Nacho Man said:
Sweet!!! I was all of 3 days old when this show was recorded.

Many thanks!!! :biggthump
You make me feel so old! I remember when the first Boston album came out.:hehehe:

·
Registered
363 Posts
JackStar74 said:
All of you guys with the Boston shows...you guys freakin rock!!! Thank you very much!

Buddy, there are loads more to come yet believe me. :)

Chris.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jesse Rides said:
That was absolutely worth it!!! :biggthump

·
Registered
179 Posts
Jesse Rides said:
What a great story! Totally worth it, definetely! I would have loved to seen Boston back then. Thanks for this boot!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ummm... :grin: I'm on a creating artwork kick right now. Did 2 Perry shows the other day and this show didn't have any so here's something I whipped up for it appropiate for a 77' cover theme. :thumb:

Sample: (Front/Back)

Link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YRO2Q792

·
Registered
363 Posts
Great work again gqdaddy. Hey you are really getting into this artwork stuff buddy.
If i'm not mistaken there is no artwork that i have seen as yet for the Journey show in Charlotte, NC with JSS. Need i say anymore??:thumb: :devilchil :eek:hnoes: :biggthump

Sorry mate but had to put it to you.

Chris.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mystichealer said:
Great work again gqdaddy. Hey you are really getting into this artwork stuff buddy.
If i'm not mistaken there is no artwork that i have seen as yet for the Journey show in Charlotte, NC with JSS. Need i say anymore??:thumb: :devilchil :eek:hnoes: :biggthump

Sorry mate but had to put it to you.
Chris.
:lol:

Funny you should say that as I thought about that just last night. Well.... let me see what I can cook up. :biggthump

·
Registered
59 Posts
I see you have artwork for this show but by any chance do you have any artwork for the Boston Long Beach show from 1977 as well.

It would be greatly appreciated if you do.

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
363 Posts
steviey1972 said:
I see you have artwork for this show but by any chance do you have any artwork for the Boston Long Beach show from 1977 as well.

It would be greatly appreciated if you do.

Thanks a lot.

Sorry Steviey1972, i forgot about that request of yours. At least i think it was you anyway.
I don't recall there being original artwork for the complete show that you have. There have been many versions of the show released as bootlegs, but i don't recall there being a bootleg that has the whole show which you have.
I shall check and get back to you.

Chris.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey mystic - not to be a pain in the ass but I also have a Boston show from 2004 in Nashville. Can't seem to find any artwork for that show either. If you don't have that show I can upload it. Let me know and thanks.

·
Registered
363 Posts
steviey1972 said:
Hey mystic - not to be a pain in the ass but I also have a Boston show from 2004 in Nashville. Can't seem to find any artwork for that show either. If you don't have that show I can upload it. Let me know and thanks.
Hey mate.
Firstly, there is no artwork for the Long Beach full show that you have. Maybe time for you to call on our artwork maestro that is gqdaddy to maybe see if he can help you with artwork for Long Beach 77.
Secondly i do actually have the Nashville, TN show from 2004, in fact i thought i had posted it on here at some stage, but i may be mistaken. If i haven't posted it then i am pretty sure that members on here would love to hear it, as they love to hear Boston on guitars101. If you want to post it then do so mate, it would be greatfully applauded on here.

Regards
Chris.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts