Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a song I did for karaoke on New Year's Eve 2004 for my now wife:sap: . I proposed to her the next day. Then the next day the place I worked for got closed.:doh: Weird how things work out. Well, enjoy it. The BT is actually a karaoke version. Hey, I have to be honest:icon_peac

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Linda & TexasAxeSlinger thanx for the compliment. Appreciate it! You guys just made my saturday a happy one!:dance:

·
Registered
292 Posts
TexasAxeSlinger said:
Nice vocals. I love bread. The are awesome! And I am a rocker, but have a soft spot for all the slow 70's suff.

Good Luck:D
I have a soft spot for a lot of slow 70's stuff too.
David Gates is a fantastic vocalist and you did a great job covering this one.
Great voice you got there!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Sadge, thanx for the props. You know, though I'm 29, there's a lot of 70s music that hits the spot. Glad you liked it.:grin:

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Mister VanHagar you have a great sounding voice and very much suited to this style of music. I love tunes like these from the 70s...America, Bread, Croce, etc. Just really good songwriting and performances during that era...done for the music and not the $$$ and it shows. Anyway, major props to you on this performance. :bowdown:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanx Missy, Sling Shot, Stingx, and Rid. Glad you liked the tune. Maybe we all can work on something later on.:grin:

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was killa, awesoem job!! :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you FlyingV and Jimmy. I still think I could've done better on the vocals though. This song is kinda tricky w/the melodies.

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Hey great vocals man!! Sounds so faithful to the original!! Fantastic job!! :icon_thum

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you Karkki and 3Fingers. You know, this was the first song from Bread I heard. While growing up, my mom would play their LP's like day and night. That is her favorite Bread song. Guitar man is also a very good tune.:)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.