Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and Sergio did this one awhile back. Wanted to repost it for all the newcomers here,, and for those who wanna hear it again.:thumb: Thanks again sergio bro for collabing with me on this track.

·
Registered
442 Posts
nice job. nice vox. i like this heavy guitar version :jam:

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks alot . we did this sometime alst year i think. hard to rememeber half the time when ya do so many lol thnaks again for checking this out.:thumb:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Cool, some Tom Petty! The heavier/crunchier tone was a nice twist from the original. You guys really put your stamp on this one.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Funny - I have pretty much given up on covers but this is one I was thinking of doing. it is a brilliant song. My first impressions were that the guitar was too heavy for the track but it really does work well, it actually shows just how heavy this song could have been.Well done scott you have actually given this a more menacing feel and it really suits the track. Sergio - You are just incredible at doing vocals, this is quality singing and I loved the power in the "Break Down"'s - really special

Great collab.

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Glad you posted it again Scott!...Now I can save it and put it in my collection;) ....Great collab for sure you two!:woot:

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Hey Scott. Thanks for the re-post. It was a blast working with you. Thanks Tom for listening to us cover you. Appreciate it. :icon_peac

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I love this tune Scott. It all sounds great, but those drums are a bit MIDI IMO. The guitars and vocals are killer. Tom would be proud! The lead might be a half a step flat...maybe not, but the spirit is there. I love Petty...great job!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts