Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help trying to cure this problem of mine. I guess my saddle likes to buzz a bit when I play the 15th fret on B. Through an amp, it has no affect on the sound whatsoever. It's only when it's played "acoustically." It really isn't much of an issue. Also, the fine tuner for the low E likes to buzz too, but I know why that is. I have an Ibanez S2075FW, and it has some wierd D-tuner thing. That also has no affect on the sound through on amp. I'm just wondering if there is anyway to clean this up a little so it doesn't sound so rough when it's not plugged in.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Wascal said:
I need some help trying to cure this problem of mine. I guess my saddle likes to buzz a bit when I play the 15th fret on B. Through an amp, it has no affect on the sound whatsoever. It's only when it's played "acoustically." It really isn't much of an issue. Also, the fine tuner for the low E likes to buzz too, but I know why that is. I have an Ibanez S2075FW, and it has some wierd D-tuner thing. That also has no affect on the sound through on amp. I'm just wondering if there is anyway to clean this up a little so it doesn't sound so rough when it's not plugged in.
Well you can try adjusting your truss rod. Or your problem might be your frets.
Take a ruler and start on the first frets and slide it along the fretboard. if you hit a bump, you have to get your frets redone.

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
grant said:
Well you can try adjusting your truss rod. Or your problem might be your frets.
Take a ruler and start on the first frets and slide it along the fretboard. if you hit a bump, you have to get your frets redone.
Grant, explain how in the hell adjusting the truss rod would fix a buzzing saddle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts