Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
I played both Keith Richards and Mick Taylors parts.
Couldn't find decent tab for the lead so I just played the right chords and made up some lead to fit.
Hope it sounds ok.

Attachments

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Hope it sounds ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arakeen...great playing and very well recorded. This frickin' rocks
You own this!

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Great stuff Arakeen! A great tone for this tune on both guitar parts! Rockin stuff!! (is this an open G tuning for the Keith part?) Was great to hear.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was awesome, killa job on a Stones classic!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Stingx, Linda, 3fingers, Guitarmageddon, Sling Shot, Dwight, TopJimmy78. Wasn't sure how it would sound to everyone else until I got some feedback. Thanks for taking the time to listen

[ QUOTE ]
This frickin' rocks
You own this!

[/ QUOTE ]
Awww...thanks Stingx........

[ QUOTE ]
is this an open G tuning for the Keith part?

[/ QUOTE ]
3fingers....yes, played on my Squier Strat in Open G (but I didn't remove the low E like Keith does). Didn't know what to do about the lead part so I just left the Strat in Open G and fiddled around until I found something that fitted. Played through a POD XT, into a Zoom MRS1044 Multitrack.

[ QUOTE ]
do u have a backin' track?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well Dwight, the backing is from Line6 GuitarPort not MP3, and it only exists on it's own as a track on my external multitracker, I would have to master that track separately and transfer to my PC and convert to MP3.......err, I might get around to it.

[ QUOTE ]
This was awesome, killa job

[/ QUOTE ]
Awww, stoppit......blushing now

Glad you liked it!

·
Registered
125 Posts
very good version of Brown Sugar !! i like it

But can you tell me how did you do the backing track with the voice of Mick Jagger and the sax solo?

Can you do this with any songs?

edit : ok I've been to www.guitarport.com and now I understand..

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
This is why guitar port rocks. You can jam with any band. The backings are literally the cd recordings minus the part you choose to play. It is tricky to pull the backings seperately from Line 6 but you can if you put your mind to it. I am gonna gank a shitload and post them when it gets a little colder and I have less time for my other hobbies...

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
sounds like a great idea , either way the tune is splendid , really rocks , guitars are nice and bright with a bit of distortion .cool ................

1 - 15 of 15 Posts