Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An original track for a change. This is one of the first ones I made with my home studio a couple years ago so I got a little carried away: too much stuff.
I started fooling around with a little Ritchie Blackmore -style riff and built the song around and atop of it it.

A couple of warnings: The lyrics are total nonsense, I mumbled the first words that came into my mind. And there are too many out of tune bends, sorry.
But for nostalgic reasons I don’t want to correct these faults, let’s say they are no mistakes but features.

Attachments

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
I like this - I don't know if you will take this as a compliment (it is meant as one) but the vox sounds a bit like Iggy pop :thumb:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Goport said:
I like this - I don't know if you will take this as a compliment (it is meant as one) but the vox sounds a bit like Iggy pop :thumb:
Thanks. I'll take it as a complement, Iggy is a great singer. In the old days my band played two of his songs: I wanna be your dog & No fun - pure rock'n'roll rage!
Years ago after a gig I read in a local newspaper that my vocals sounds like Neil Young. I'd rather sound like Iggy than Neil anyday!!

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
Money for no....er good stuff, very classic rock stuff.
Loved the sounds.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rid said:
Money for no....
Oh shit, you're right, they have something in common. Hope they won't sue me. I hate Dire Straits and especially that song. Maybe I'll have to learn to hate this as well...
I was really aiming at something in the style of Smoke on the water and Space trucking.

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Very Rockin tune man!!!!...:twisted:

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was killa, great job!!:icon_thum :icon_thum

1 - 11 of 11 Posts