Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think it all depends on what the player can afford, I see to many cork sniffers with great guitars who are lucky to be able to pull off a few open cowboy chords dis others gear who can play circles around them (and still dont stop) but I guess they still dont realize you cant buy talent.

Personally I like high quality gear but I also believe that you can buy all the guitar you will ever need for 2.5K tops, after that you are just paying into the hype, an artists endorsement check or high quality over priced cosmetics. If you can afford a guitar close to a grand in todays world of so many builders you will get a good quality ,god playing ax.

G

·
I think it all depends on what the player can afford, I see to many cork sniffers with great guitars who are lucky to be able to pull off a few open cowboy chords dis others gear who can play circles around them (and still dont stop) but I guess they still dont realize you cant buy talent.

Personally I like high quality gear but I also believe that you can buy all the guitar you will ever need for 2.5K tops, after that you are just paying into the hype, an artists endorsement check or high quality over priced cosmetics. If you can afford a guitar close to a grand in todays world of so many builders you will get a good quality ,god playing ax.
I think you can buy all you'd ever need for less than 500, but then the guitar business would go bankrupt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Gear is all relative to your desired tone, and to what feels best in your hands. I'm a Les Paul guy (own a gibson standard, and a epi standard +), although I've tried (and own) an american strat (sold it), a fender jag(1973 family heirloom), and an ibanez. I enjoyed playing all the guitars, yet as soon as I put my hands on my Les Paul I knew it was the style of guitar for me. It was most comfortable to play, sounded best to my ears and was most cosmetically pleasing. I was fortunate to have the disposable income to drop 2500$ on my dream guitar this year and I am a beleiver of 'you get what you pay for'. My advice to someone thinking about getting gear, is to do LOTS of research, test as many different guitars/amp combo's as possible, cuz when you find your guitar you will know. And have fun with it, cuz it's one of the easiest parts of starting your journey with guitar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.