Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any opinions on Carvins custom shop or Carvin guitars in general ?

I've been thinking of having a guitar built , but I'm leary of spending over a grand for an axe I've never held before ! I've got 3 Wolfies , so if you can compare them , that would be cool !

Thanks guys !

·
Registered
733 Posts
i know the feeling....carvin is a custom shop out of california. ive heard alot of good stuff about them. they have been around for about 20 years with some of the finest luthiers in the world and, theyve come up with alot of interesting ideas...one of which is a chip that goes in your guitar, so if its ever stolen, they can identify the rightful owner..just like a car.

i thought about getting one of their Bolt guitars once but just found something else i wanted instead. not to say they dont have good stuff though...and they are not that expensive for how well and innovative they are made. and having a custom guitar is the best thing for a guitar player i think... so i would give them a try.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I've owned a couple. I think the craftsmanship is at least as good as other major builders. And the set-ups are top notch from the custom shop. I'm not the biggest fan of their body styles (although their new PRS type guitar is nice) but if your question is about craftsmanship and quality I don't think you'd be disappointed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.