Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, aside from being goofy looking, and aside from being NOT a marshall, mesa, etc.... what's wrong with this amp? I played one today, and thought it was pretty damn good sounding, albiet a little more tweaking was required. The ability to switch from 50/100 watts is cool , the clean tone was bitchin, and it gave me very close to what I want my tone to be like in this Motley Crue tribute. Anyone played/owned them that can give me an opinion? :bannana_g

·
Registered
361 Posts
I used to have a Carvin X100B They stopped making them. From what I am told, your amps gain is very fuzzy. Please don't be offended. That is easliy fixed. They have a mod for that. If you email me I will give you his site link. We're not allowed to post that here.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Nah, its fine. The only links i dont think you can post are ones which are shameless self promotion. Eg. if you spam the adress of your website on every board. Linking people to product pages and stuff is absolutely fine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I think i'm gonna get the amp. At the carvin store, it sounded like ALMOST what I'm lookin for, and it's cheap from this guy used... I think some vintage 30s and new tubes are in order tho. Maybe i'll send it to voodoo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Picked it up today.... niiiice tone, but could be a bit better

Considering I got it, the cabinet, and a jackson kelly guitar w/ floyd rose for 700 bucks flat, I'd say i did well. All equipment in mint shape, guitar in near mint...

Guitar's getting disassembled tomorrow for a more Crue-esque paint job :jam: :jam:

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, aside from being goofy looking, and aside from being NOT a marshall, mesa, etc.... what's wrong with this amp? I played one today, and thought it was pretty damn good sounding, albiet a little more tweaking was required. The ability to switch from 50/100 watts is cool , the clean tone was bitchin, and it gave me very close to what I want my tone to be like in this Motley Crue tribute. Anyone played/owned them that can give me an opinion? :bannana_g

Yes I've owned one. Yes I'm sorry I got rid of it. If I ever find one again that's cheap I'll be buying it again. The only thing I hated about it was the strong smell of the vinyl. If you have allergies or asthma you might want to stay clear of it or make a custom box. I have a Peavey JSX Joe Satriani amp head for sale if you're interested. It's about 10x's the amp of the Carvin. Best cleans I've ever heard on an overdrive amp. Take care.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts